Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

How to make HTML Code for "Back to Top" work in Firefox

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:46 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
How to make HTML Code for "Back to Top" work in Firefox

In IE, the following code placed at the bottom of a page (without more) works perfectly to take you back to the very top of the page:

<a href="#top">Back to Top...</a>

However, this does not work in Firefox. In Firefox, the bottom link works only when the following is added somewhere near the top of the page:

<a name="top"></a>

The bottom link then takes you back only up to the exact level on the page where the "<a name="top"></a>" code appears; not to the very top of the page. (This is the same for either Firefox or IE).

How could I get the "<a name="top"></a>" code up into the logo area of the header (rather than just at the top of the center column of text)? Or, is there another way to get just the bottom code to work in Firefox (without the top code) to take you to the very top of the page, as it does in IE?

Many thanks!

Using WordPress 3.0.1, Atahualpa 3.5.1