Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] favicon- can i put in folder outside of theme files?

Old Jun 15, 2011, 01:18 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
I am sorry if this has been asked before, but i cannot seem to find the solution...

I run several sites with Atahualpa on the same host... each time i upgrade Atahualpa, i need to re-upload the favicon (and other site images). I have not set up multisite..

what i want is to store my favicon in a 'global' folder. eg. http://www.mysitename/global/icon.ico.

This does not work when i place the full url in the favicon address box.. is this possible to do with out messing around with the theme php files?

I need the site(s) to be easily updated by other people.

thank you.
ortixia
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This is something I picked up in some thread on the forum which I just tried and it worked for the favicon.
  • Create a folder in wp-content and name it, for example atafavicons
  • Put whatever favicons you want in that folder
  • Use the following in your favicon box ../../../../atafavicons/2-favicon.ico
  • That would be for 2-favicon.ico. It's just the four ../../../../atafavicons/ before the name that matters.
For the header issue you could use another plugin. I particularly like CIMY rotating headers.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:22 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
thank you! i still cheated and put it outside of the worpress install, so it would work on my other installs as well:

(( ../../../../../global/icon.ico ))

(will try again to make donation shortly, you all have always been helpful, and i think we may have paypal now)