Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.5.3 released

Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:09 AM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Try turning off the fading effect Dona. I believe it currently conflicts with overlaying the blog title on the header image.
thanks - that did it! Let me know when they get a fix for that, I really liked the addition of the fading.

Dona
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:42 AM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Quote:
Try turning off the fading effect Dona. I believe it currently conflicts with overlaying the blog title on the header image.
Hi Again,
Well, I spoke too soon : (
That did get the title/tag lines on top of the image, but now the images don't rotate!

Is there a way to get BOTH the title/tag lines on the image, and have rotating images?

This feature is working fine in the 3.4.9 (which i have on another site), but that version doesn't have the fade feature (which might to be causing the problem).

Any assistance would be appreciated. Also, I am a newbie, so if you know of a patch/fix, please let me know exactly where it goes.

Thanks!
Dona
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:02 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Mine rotates fine with the overlay of title and tag line. Can you supply a url?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:58 AM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Since you said yours was working, I checked further and see that on Internet Explorer they do work (though the transitions are very chopping and not appealing).
But, it doesn't rotate on Firefox (which is where I was before).

Here is my URL: www.anewconsciousness.org (titles and tags are still in process until I figure all this out).

Does yours work on Firefox?

Thanks for your assistance!
Dona
Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Mine does work on Firefox. Maybe a plugin conflict?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:50 PM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
Can you tell me where the two grey bars between the header and the rest of the page are created?

I'm sure it'll seem obvious when I'm told, but I can't seem to find them!

coop
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:28 PM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
Ah ha!

It's the background image referenced in the Body Style. I knew it would seem easy when I found it.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 05:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The Ah ha! moments are fun.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 08:08 PM
4arter

6 posts · May 2010
I'm trying 3.5.3 on a new install. I have other versions on other sites.

When first loaded, 3.5.3 looks good, as we've come to expect. But I just have to experiment, so I made some changes using the 'Configure Header Area' page.

When I decided to go back to default, clicking the 'Reset Settings' button did not take me back to the 3.5.3 default, but back what looks like is a default of a previous version.

Has this been reported before? Or have I done something unintended?

Is there an easy way to get back to the real 3.5.3 default short of reinstalling?

Thanks.

EDIT:
Of course, I think about more options right after posting. Clicking the 'Reset All Theme Options' does take me back to the start. So maybe the local restore is using different settings from the global restore? I dunno.

Last edited by 4arter; Jul 31, 2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 08:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Because you can now import settings the reset doesn't work like it did. So if you want to get back to several different default settings here is the process.
  • If you have make changes first to to ATO>Export/Import setting and Export & Download Atahualpa Settings File. This will save your current setting.
  • Now you can click on "Upload & Import Atahualpa Settings File", navigate to the downloaded Atahualpa 3.5.3 folder and navigate the the Styles folder.
  • In there are 4 "default" styles which you can import. Currently a fresh install I believe uses the advertisement style but I would try them all to see what they look like.
  • Importing these styles adds CSS and sets many different settings in the Atahualpa Theme Options to give you various looks as a starting point.
  • Again once you have made some changes and like what you see just export the settings file. Then you can tweak to your hearts content and still get back to where you were.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:18 PM
4arter

6 posts · May 2010
Thanks for the rapid reply. You have convinced me to look around more before I dive it on 3.5.3. Thing have changed!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 04:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Don't be afraid to dive into 3.5.3. It's the best version yet and works with WP 3.01. Just upload the atahualpa353 folder along with any previous versions folder and you can swap back and forth between versions. Or install on a test site and play around with it. That's what I am constantly doing to get familiar with all the details.

All the details I provide are just for clarity. Sometimes I overdue it with my attempt at clarity and make things more difficult.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:07 AM
Fader

19 posts · Jun 2009
Hello.

atahualpa.pot in new release has expired and after trying to translate I faced with broken references.
Where I can to get new .pot file ?

Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:39 PM
Fader

19 posts · Jun 2009
In this zipfile old .pot file (09.07.2009) with incorrent references. I need actually .pot for 3.5.3

Some new msgid/msgstr values are lost also.

Last edited by Fader; Aug 3, 2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:26 PM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
I would really appreciate if 3.5.3 were put to the wordpress.org theme directory asap. The class I teach is based on Atahualpa and the 3.4.9 doesn't work with the new WP 3.0 menu structure, and getting these folks to install something via FTP is pushing it.
Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You don't have to install via FTP. Just download and install in WP using the upload button for theme installs.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
everyman - from what I understand, a theme is submitted to WordPress and they review it and put it up when they are satisfied with it. So it is in WordPress's hands

STB - you are correct, the CSS needs to be reviewed. I'll take a look and see if I can toss together a patch.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 07:29 PM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
lmiles: Wordpress.org still has the 3.4.9 version via Appearance > Theme > Install and there is no upgrade option within Atahualpa

STB and Juggledad: very happy that this is in progress.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 08:24 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I knew that WordPress.org was at 3.4.9. I was just thinking that for your students you could have them download the theme from wordpress.bytesforall.com and then use the upload button at the top of Appearance > Theme > Install for the time being.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 04:01 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Quote:
I knew that WordPress.org was at 3.4.9. I was just thinking that for your students you could have them download the theme from wordpress.bytesforall.com and then use the upload button at the top of Appearance > Theme > Install for the time being.
Oh, duh... thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 05:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
STB
the original code is CORRECT, your change will introduce an error. If you go add something to ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Body Tag, it needs to be inside the <body....>. IE it you added
HTML Code:
onLoad="alert('The page is loading... now!')"
to ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Body Tag then the body tag needs to be
HTML Code:
<body class="home blog" onLoad="alert('The page is loading... now!')">
with your suggestion you would get
HTML Code:
<body class="home blog logged-in"> onLoad="alert('The page is loading... now!')"
causing the words
HTML Code:
onLoad="alert('The page is loading... now!')"
to show as the first line on the page.

In that other thread, the plugin had an error

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 5, 2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 03:16 AM
catastrophy

52 posts · Jan 2010
Nice France
The rotating header doesnt work with this version if you turn wordpress on multisites !!
I have to return to the 3.4.6 version ! is there a solution?

tal !
Old Aug 7, 2010, 05:37 PM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
Hi, Flynn and JD:

I'm sure I must be missing something because no one else has had this issue, but I cannot get my Page menu background color to match the background color I set. Looks like it's using #ddd or #eee, I'm not sure. It sets the background for the actual menu items, but not for the blank remainder of the menu bar.

I have no header image, have the Page menu on top and floated right, am not using animation, have only defined the two menus (Pages and Categories) in WP 3.0.1, and am using ATA 3.5.3. this is a very simple blog site I'm creating for a client, so I haven't done anything to your code at this point, except to add the 3.5.3.1 code fix that Juggledad posted in effort to fix this problem. Oh, and I removed the RSS links and so forth in further attempts to eliminate what might have been at issue.

If you have a chance to look, here is the page: http://urbanacneblog.com. Let me know if you need anything else to look at it.

Thanks so much for all you do!

Leha
Old Aug 7, 2010, 09:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Look in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts and take out or change the background line in the following code as desired.
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: transparent;
border: none;
}
Old Aug 9, 2010, 04:33 PM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
Ha! Thanks, Larry--it never would have occurred to me that the CSS inserts for this release actually shipped with something already in them (although eventually I'm sure I would have gotten to that tab). Geez.