Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.5.3 released

Old Jul 20, 2010, 05:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Thanks to Paul who put the 6 fixes he found into 3.5.2 I was able to release 3.5.3 today. There was also an issue importing/resetting options in PHP versions older than 5.2
  • With the new WP3 menu system
  • Export/Import system now uses the JSON format instead of the serialized/base64_encode format used in 3.5.1
  • The reason for the change is that Wordpress.org won't list the base64_ version due to the malicious things often done with base64. Sorry I should have thought about that. base64 encoding the settings files seemed to be a quick fix for the issues many users had with the settings files.
  • Unfortunately this means that if you exported a settings file in 3.5.1 and want to import that in 3.5.3, you'd need to do some legwork: Download this zip file, extract it, rename the "uploadBASE64.php" to "upload.php" and replace the existing "upload.php" in Atahualpa 3.5.2 with it.
  • If you don't have old settings files that you want to import then you don't need to do the steps described above

Download 3.5.3 here, and there's also a list of bug fixes:

http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=94

To do for 3.5.4:

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 28, 2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:39 AM
hollidaysjohn

16 posts · May 2010
Cambridge, UK
Thanks for versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3. I've just done the 3.5.3 upgrade and noticed a strange thing. 3.5.2 worked perfectly with the new WP 3.0 menu structure.

When I use 3.5.3 it reverts to using the pre-3.0 menu structure and, of course, without juggledad's bug fix the old menu doesn't render properly either.

Odd. I changed nothing else. And can toggle back to 3.5.2 and regain the WP 3.0 menus.

Have I missed something.

Last edited by hollidaysjohn; Jul 21, 2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:57 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I will check that later today
Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:12 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I am also having trouble with the menus. Running 3.5.3, WP 3.0. If I choose to animate the menus with Javascript, Featured Content Gallery plugin stops working. Obviously a conflict somewhere.

If I go back to the default "no" for animation, FCG starts running again.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
My error - BUGFIX 351-04 was not added to version 3.5.3, I did not test it to see if it was needed.

If you DO NOT use a new WordPress menu as the primary menu (Dashboard->Appearance->Menus->Theme Locations->Menu 1 is blank) then you will need this patch to fix the submenu issue.

If you DO use a New WordPress menu, you do not need this patch
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Paula, another plugin that prevents the animated menu from working with eithor the new WP menus or the standard menu's is the 'Universal Post Manager' plugin
Old Jul 21, 2010, 04:04 PM
hollidaysjohn

16 posts · May 2010
Cambridge, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
I will check that later today
Found it! Sorry Flynn.

It turns out that my 3.0 menu settings had somehow changed. Theme Location -> Menu1 had lost its choice setting from the drop down. I'm sure I hadn't changed the 3.0 menu settings and I could toggle between 3.5.2 (correct) and 3.5.3. So could the upgrade to 3.5.3 caused the Menu1 to reset to blank?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 04:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the upgrade from 3.5.2 to 3.5.3 shouldn't do anything to the Wordpress menu since it doesn't touch that option, stored in different areas.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:56 PM
Divya

9 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Juggledad & Flyin,
How do I animate my page and category menubar (menu1 and menu2) ? I have set Animate Page Menu Bar at ATA options as 'YES' but I cant see it working. [I have been breaking my head off with this. also tried using 'AllWebMenus WordPress Menu Plug-in but since I'm using ubantu , I couldn't install their add-in software. Also can please someone suggest me the plugins if there are any?]

I'm using ATA353. wordpress 3.0

Please help.Thanks in advance,
Divya
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:59 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The animation doesn't currently appear to be working with 3.5.3 and WP 3. At least it doesn't for me and some others. Sorry.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Larry, try disabling all plugins - it has to be a jquery confict
Old Jul 25, 2010, 06:15 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Duh... It didn't matter to me that much so I never went down that path. The Dynamic Content Gallery plugin was the offending party. It even had a setting in case of conflicts which fixed it as well.

What I did find though is that with animated menus on the %page-right doesn't work as mentioned in another thread. %pages and %page-center work as intended.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:21 AM
hircus

2 posts · Jul 2010
The theme has some alignment problems on Firefox 3.6.8 and Konqueror, on openSUSE 11.1 -- on the same machine, Atahualpa 3.4.9 looks fine.

Oddly, the alignment problem is not there with Google Chrome. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

--
Michel

Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If you are talking about the gray bars that is a CSS issue. The extension of the gray bars is the background image so it appears the browsers you mention are not rendering the CSS correctly. I have no problems in Opera, Chrome, IE 8, Safari, or Firefox although I can throw off the alignment in FF by using Ctrl+ to enlarge the screen content.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:54 AM
hircus

2 posts · Jul 2010
I am referring to the gray bars, yes. I've tried Ctrl+ and Ctrl- but nowadays they just rescale the entire page, image and font included, so the problem is still there (and would it not be a bug if enlarging the font breaks the alignment?)

I'll try on other Linux distributions to see if the problem is present there too.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hircus, go to ato->body text & links-> Body style and look at the 'background' CSS statement and check to see I f there is a background image. Remove it and look at your site
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:13 AM
Divya

9 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks for replying Larry.. I appreciate it..
One more issue,
Header images does not rotate if I set "Fade in/out header images with Javascript?" to '0' . Also If I set some no. there, my blog title will disappear.. What a pain.. tried fixing it but no luck
Old Jul 27, 2010, 01:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the new rotate header images over writes the blog title and tagline.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 08:36 PM
Ferd

6 posts · Mar 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
Too bad this is such a hassle, because I have LOVED Atahualpa! I've tried upgrading to several of the recent ATA versions, but I keep going back to 3.4.6 because it works just fine for me. I don't want to spend hours sorting things out. I am running WP 3.0.

If and when we get to a plug and play version of ATA, or close to it, I'll upgrade. Meanwhile, I might have to start looking for another theme, because I do want to see what WP 3.0 has to offer.

Is there a simple instructional on how to switch from 3.4.6 to 3.5.3 without losing my site's formatting?
http://thebestparts.net

Last edited by Ferd; Jul 27, 2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:44 PM
Mick

7 posts · May 2010
Chicago, IL USA
Atahualpa 3.53 is OUTSTANDING!

Great job, Flynn, on the #1 WordPress Theme on Planet Earth!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:33 AM
Masino Sinaga

13 posts · Sep 2009
Bandung - Bekasi - Jakarta, Indonesia
Hi,

Just want to remind you, please also update the last version information here:
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/atahualpa

Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Masino Sinaga, that gets updated after WordPress reviews and approves a new submission - it is the process they have setup.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:27 AM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Thanks to Paul who put the 6 fixes he found into 3.5.2 I was able to release 3.5.3 today. There was also an issue importing/resetting options in PHP versions older than 5.2

Download 3.5.3 here, and there's also a list of bug fixes:

http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=94
I hope I posted this correctly - I am newbie to all this!

I have updated my Wordpress 3.0 site to Atahualpa 3.5.3 and now my site title and tagline do not appear over my image. I have all the settings correct. I am running the java script for multiple images, at 7 seconds and 2 second fade. No opacity on either side. When I refresh the web-page I see the title flash (below the pictures), but then it doesn't show again. Somehow it is hiding behind the image.

I am new to Wordpress codes and Atahualpa and HTML/CSS codes (I just downloaded my first site last week), so any assistance with this would be great. If I need to change some codes could you please tell me exactly where to find the place to make those adjustments?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Try turning off the fading effect Dona. I believe it currently conflicts with overlaying the blog title on the header image.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 07:52 AM
Divya

9 posts · Jul 2010
OH.. Hope it will be fixed in next release. I love Atahualpa.. Gr8 theme and I really appreciate the hard work put into it by Flyin and you guys.. Will donate when my site goes live..