Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.5.2 released, WP3 ready

Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What version of Atahualpa were the settings exported from?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:26 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
I'm not sure, i'm awaiting the reply from the guy who sent me the settings. I did however try using the base64 upload.php but it still didn't work, so perhaps one of his plugins is messing up the export.
We shall soon see!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 03:30 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
Hey, check it out, this is the settings file i was trying to import.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-rollingreleasecom-20101123.txt (20.3 KB, 2818 views)
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Send me the file. It's probably an export from 3.4.9?? And the format changed. There is a way to change the import code ( you can see how if you look at the 3.5.2 install notes)
Old Nov 23, 2010, 07:42 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
I attached the file above. I just found out though that my friend exported it from 3.5.3, it won't import for me in a brand new install of 3.5.3 so it leads me to believe that perhaps some settings are interfering on my server...

I'll take a look at the install notes too (3.5.2 only or 3.5.3 too?).
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Make sure your friend used the optional ato->Export/Import settings and not some other way of exporting it.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:41 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
I fixed the file. So for some reason, the file contained 15 or so lines (instead of just one). For some reason my friend's export made a new line at every ">" symbol of any html tags. Strange huh!?

So i replaced each new line with a space, and it worked. Basically, by having multiple lines, i think atahualpa was seeing extra newline characters in the string of settings and didn't know what to do.

The fix was simple: just go to the end of the first line, press delete, then add a space... then repeat again until all lines are one single line.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version did you export the settings from?
Attach a copy and I'll try importing them.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:10 AM
AB4C

4 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,

I am new to having a website/blog. I downloaded my first (premium) theme on 10/22/10. I spent a lot of time on it and wasn't able to get past some bugs that were making my site not function properly. I wasn't getting the problem solved with the developer.

About two weeks after that I downloaded a free theme through Wordpress. I really like this theme but there are constant bugs with this theme that make my site not function properly. Many people on the forum have the same problems. When the theme is updated those bugs may be fixed only to have new bugs. I'm tired of dealing with it. In the last two weeks I have updated this theme 3 times (4 total downloads of it).

So - my question:

After doing research I have decided to go with Atahualpa but on the forum I see that there are bugs with different releases (especially the last one 3.5.3??). Which release should I download that I will have the least problems with?

By the way - I do not know anything about CSS or adding things to my "files". I need a theme to work without me having to do anything to it/my files.

Thanks in advance for your help!

AB4C
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You should download Atahualpa 3.5.3 from wordpress.bytesforall.com and apply the bug fixes as outlined in the New Versions and updating thread. It's not too complicated and if you have questions you can just ask here.

To get the most out of Atahualpa you should start learning some CSS but we can help you there or you can go to w3schools.com for tutorials.

Not having to make changes to your "files" (other than bug fixes) is one of the great things about Atahualpa. Items that take editing the them files with other themes can be done in the theme options with Atahualpa. Again don't feel daunted by the many configuration choices as we are always here to help.

When I first installed this theme I was challenged by the number of configuration options but soon came to realize that is the power of this theme. As I have mentioned before it is powerful but the price for that is a bit of a learning curve but there is much documentation built right into the theme and this forum can help as well.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:43 PM
AB4C

4 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have heard that there are over 300 customizations. Can some of these settings be left at default?

I am concerned about changing themes right now with it being "prime" shopping time and Cyber Monday less than 2 days away.

I will check out the site you referred me to for CSS tutorials - but - I'm wondering between those tutorials, waiting for help/responses on the forum and setting up the theme if I should wait until after Christmas?

I have managed to change a few things on my site (with my current theme) so that the "bugs" won't be so obvious to customers. I could get by.

Let me know what you think. I really have no idea what to do with the "bug fixes" for 3.5.3.

Thanks!

AB4C
Old Nov 27, 2010, 05:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
There are 4 styles that come with Atahualpa along with the many customizations which give you a nice clean "out of the box" look and feel.

I too would be a little anxious about making a lot of changes at a busy time. You can of course install the theme and work on it during the slow hours and then switch back to your currently working theme during the busy hours.

What are some of some of the issues you hope Atahualpa can help you with?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 05:32 PM
AB4C

4 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,

Wow - very fast response!

That is a great idea to work on it at the times when it isn't busy - especially since I'm a night owl.

As far as "issues" - I just think it's a great theme from everything I've read all over the internet. I like the idea of being able to customize the theme. The one that I have now is pretty customizable and that is what I want.

I'm tired of bugs that don't get fixed or any attention to them - especially when they are bugs that make your site not function. I just updated the theme again today (4th time in 2 weeks) and it took care of the major bug but there are other minor bugs that replaced it.

I just hope that I can get help on this forum quickly (if I need it) when it comes to the bug fixes that you referred to for the 3.5.3 since I don't know anything about CSS and adding/modifying the CSS files.

I will watch/read the tutorials on the site that you recommended first.

I will let you know when I'm done with the CSS tutorials if I need help with the 3.5.3 bug fixes.

Thanks so much!

AB4C
Old Nov 27, 2010, 05:40 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What version did you export the settings from?
Attach a copy and I'll try importing them.
Hey juggledad, i already attached the file, see one of the above posts.
If you open it, you'll notice it is divided into about 15 lines. My friend exported from 3.5.3.
Perhaps it has something to do with his server (maybe it's windows???)

Anyways, if you concatenate all the lines together (add a space at the beginning of each line too), then you'll notice it works.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 01:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
trusktr - i went back and check the settings file. It shows as one line for me (on a Mac) and it imported fine for me. It could be a machine issue - ie the way the end of line is written cl/lf vrs just lf etc.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:17 AM
Burn

32 posts · Nov 2009
I've just upgraded WP from 2.9 to the WP3.0.1 and I dont see any bug with the theme ATA345 at the moment...
If I go for the latest ATA can I upgrade directly from 345 to 353 or should I do some extra steps to make sure things remain stable?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you are talkng about the menu bug, you won't see it till you go to 353
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:41 PM
TheDuckShoot

10 posts · Jul 2009
London, England
I am running Atahualpa 3.4.1 on three blogs and they are woring perfectly. I see no reason to upgrade (don't fix things that ain't broke).

But I am trying to install a new and forth blog with Atahualpa and I tried from versions 3.5.2 to the latest and I cannot get them to work.

All of these blogs are on the same server and starndard themes work with my latest whic is at http://thumbsupmarketing.com. You can see the result.

My main blog using 3.4.1 is this: http://theduckshoot.com/blog that's working fine as you can see.

Can you help please?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Use the 'delete bfa4' button
Old Jan 15, 2011, 01:33 PM
TheDuckShoot

10 posts · Jul 2009
London, England
Thanks for the reply deleleted 'bfa4' as advised - but no joy
I then added global $templateURI; into the css.php file after #include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions.php'); as suggested in another post - still no joy
I can't wait to sort this out for this particular new blog but would like to know the solution for the future.

Cheers
Old Jan 15, 2011, 01:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version did you export them from?
you could install the same version in its own folder like atahualpa349, and then import them, then switch to 353
attach a copy and I'll look at them
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:54 PM
trusktr

16 posts · Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
trusktr - i went back and check the settings file. It shows as one line for me (on a Mac) and it imported fine for me. It could be a machine issue - ie the way the end of line is written cl/lf vrs just lf etc.
hey Juggledad, just to confirm, that indeed was the problem. In linux I was getting multiple lines. I concatenated all the lines together (careful to replace line endings with a space) and everything worked just fine. Sorry it took me long to post, but just so others know, check to make sure everything is one line only.