Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.5.1 released

Old May 28, 2010, 01:53 PM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have been running Atahualpa for quite a while on my blog now and decided today to upgrade to the newest version. I don't even remember which version I had, it is that long ago.
Anyway, after copying the files to my website, then activating in my wordpress.org dashboard, ALL pages have turned completely blank.
Even the admin page.. So I can't go in to the dashboard and activate the older theme , because everything is blank. I tried selecting randomly in the page, in case everything was still there but in white text for some reason, but no.
I tried 3 different browsers (Safari, Mozilla and IE) but all are as blank as white paint :-(

does anyone have any fix for this? :-(

http://mafgirl.com/blog/
Old May 28, 2010, 02:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you did an automatic update via wordpress, re do it but do it manually.
Old May 28, 2010, 02:03 PM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
if you did an automatic update via wordpress, re do it but do it manually.
No, I didn't do automatic update, I downloaded 3.5.1. files, FTP-ed to my site and then activated 3.5.1. in my dashboard and BANG, everything went white!
If I were to redo it manually, is there any other way of doing it without having to go into my admin pages? as I cannot access them now due to total blankness everywhere
Old May 28, 2010, 02:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you can remove teh atahualpa theme folder from the themes folder and that will default ou back to th default theme and you should be able to get in and try again
Old May 28, 2010, 02:24 PM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thank you, thank you, thank you! That worked and at least my blog is visible again, I will try to reinstall at home, as I am now away with work and maybe the internet connection is a little dodgy here.
PS the Atahualpa theme I had -and have have now re-installed is 3.4.5, was it maybe too big of a step?
Old May 28, 2010, 02:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
nope, that should be no problem
Old May 28, 2010, 07:25 PM
valen1701

1 posts · May 2010
thx for the update of Atahualpa 3.5.1
Old May 29, 2010, 03:39 AM
qbuster

84 posts · Mar 2010
Alrewas, Staffordshire, UK
Installed 3.5.1 without any issues other than needing to reset BP Compatability requirements and relocate logo.jpg.

Fading header image works well except if Title and Tagline are set to overlay header image they appear only briefly.

I have set Category Menu (which has sub-categories) to Animate but I can't see any effect.

http://waterwaywatch.org

Regards

Will
Old May 29, 2010, 07:28 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
nice site but if you don't take offense at unrequested advice, I wish to offer two suggestions

1) slow down the rate at which your headers change. It's a bit too fast right now. No time to enjoy the pix before they change. Maybe 20/30 seconds would be better.

2) centered text (about page) is even harder to read than fully justified.

Good pix. Thanks

Last edited by joe hark; May 29, 2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old May 29, 2010, 09:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm seeing the animated effect - safari on a mac
Old May 29, 2010, 12:30 PM
ChaseMann

71 posts · Dec 2009
San Diego, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
I have 3.5.1 installed on a test site.
Hey paulae, I have Atahualpa 3.5.1 installed on a test site with WP 3.0 RC1.

When I try to add media (pictures, video, etc) I get an error and dumped out of the WP Admin to my site's 404 error page ... have you encountered this problem yet?

Thanks,
Chase.
Old May 29, 2010, 01:08 PM
qbuster

84 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
I'm seeing the animated effect - safari on a mac
I'm not sure to whose post you are referring, but I still can't see the animated effect on the Category Menu on my site at http://waterwaywatch.org - what is it supposed to look like?

I've been switching it off and on to see if I can spot any difference. What I have just noticed is that the hover text - which I have changed to 'View posts filed under %category%" (i.e. I have dropped the word 'all') - isn't showing. That suggests the changes made in New Category Menu Bar aren't being saved (cache is switched off by the way).

My site is Ata 3.5.1 running as a BuddyPress child on a Linux host.

Regards

Will
Old May 29, 2010, 01:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Will
When I put the mouse over 'Waterway News' the menu nicly drops down

what browser are you using?

Last edited by juggledad; May 29, 2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old May 29, 2010, 01:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I checked in Firefox, IE, Opera, Chrome, and Safari and they all looked like this screencast.
Old May 29, 2010, 01:43 PM
qbuster

84 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
Wi;;
When I put the mouse over 'Waterway News' the menu nicely drops down

what browser are you using?
Ah, then I am seeing 'animation'. Which indicates that the problem is that the New Category Menu option is not renewing (I set it to animation when I first ran it and it has stayed that way even though I have changed the setting back and forth several times since.)

Just spotted another issue - I turned on 'Add category description to menu bar tabs' as well and look at what has happened to the Category Menu now! http://waterwaywatch.org

Cheers

Will
Old May 30, 2010, 03:04 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
"Thank You" for version 3.5.1, Flynn

Last edited by KatyDigg; May 30, 2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old May 30, 2010, 06:22 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
@ChaseMan: No, no such problems with 3.5.1 and WP 3 RC1. Probably a plugin conflict. I'm sure there will be lots of those until the plugin developers catch up.
Old May 31, 2010, 03:57 AM
4arter

6 posts · May 2010
The white page problem previously reported in a now closed thread for 3.4.9 has not gone away on my test site when I try 3.5.1. As others have reported, going back to 3.4.6 produces appearances as expected. I will stick with 3.4.6 or a different template for now.
Old May 31, 2010, 04:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
4arter - the only time I've heard/seen what you describe is when the theme was partially installed. Please manually download the thene to your PC, unzip it and then FTP the folder (atahualpa351) to your host and then activate it. Once you have, go to the export/import page and press the 'Delete the option 'bfa_ata4'' button.
Old May 31, 2010, 05:06 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Is it just me? I am running various versions (3.4.6 - 3.4.5 - 3.4.4) but the Dashboard does not display a notice of an available newer version and a link to automatic upgrade. Is it just my server? Or are there not such notices and links?
Old May 31, 2010, 08:05 AM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbuster
Ah, then I am seeing 'animation'. Which indicates that the problem is that the New Category Menu option is not renewing (I set it to animation when I first ran it and it has stayed that way even though I have changed the setting back and forth several times since.)

Just spotted another issue - I turned on 'Add category description to menu bar tabs' as well and look at what has happened to the Category Menu now! http://waterwaywatch.org

Cheers

Will
Hello Will,
I really like the way your menu looks, how do you do that (the rounded, separate tabs) and is it possible to have this same menu at the bottom of the header?
btw, my website turned blank before but after deleting and reinstalling it works with the new upgrade
http://mafgirl.com/
Old May 31, 2010, 08:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, this thread is getting messy. This thread was announcing the new release. If you have an issue, please open a new thread.