Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.4.9 released

Old May 11, 2010, 09:10 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
I have a 3.4.6 install that is a fairly new site so has some general ATA formatting but no CSS inserts yet. I installed and activated the 3.4.9 theme a few minutes ago and got the blank page with the links at the top left. (The one thing I did try was completely clearing my cache and starting a new Firefox session.)

I've read all the posts and there are a number of things I can try it seems. I read that since I'm coming from 3.4.6 that I don't need to delete that bfa_ata4 field in wp-options.

With all the activity this morning I thought I would see if there is any new determination on steps to take for this..Juggledad\Flynn if you want to take a look just pm me..

Thanks!
Thomas, I think you do need to delete that database table.
Old May 11, 2010, 09:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
[BOLD]If you activate 3.9.1 and only see one word in your posts try this[/bold]

1) go to ATO->Configure EXCERPTS
2) set 'Posts or excerpts on HOME page?' to 'Only Excerpts'
3) set 'Show the first X posts on HOME page as full posts?' to 1
4) hit "Save'
go check out the page. Then go back and set 'Posts or excerpts on HOME page?' to 'Full Posts' and save it and see what happens

Last edited by juggledad; May 11, 2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old May 11, 2010, 09:36 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Quote:
I have a 3.4.6 install ...<snip>...
I've read all the posts and there are a number of things I can try it seems. I read that since I'm coming from 3.4.6 that I don't need to delete that bfa_ata4 field in wp-options....<snip>...
I'm coming UP from even further back -- ATA 3.4.4 -- should I just go ahead and activate 3.4.9 ??

Jim
Old May 11, 2010, 09:37 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
Thomas, I think you do need to delete that database table.
Well that seemed like the next step so I went ahead and deleted it - No change. Juggledad - am I missing something?

Thanks
Thomas
Old May 11, 2010, 09:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you have this problem and are comfortable using phpMyAdmin, please do the following
1) go to phpMyAdmin and to the wordpress db and issue the following SQL
HTML Code:
SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata4'
Then export the results to a file and PM me with the file, then...

If you are not seeing your posts after activating 3.4.9 go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN and hit the SAVE and see if that fixes the issue.

Last edited by juggledad; May 11, 2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:00 AM
AdrianusV

3 posts · Feb 2010
The Netherlands
Juggledad, I saw you succeeded in bringing the posts back on my site, www.astroblogs.nl. Thanx! Two questions: how do I get my favorite font back, from 3.4.6 (don't know which one it was). And two: I don't use excerpts. But again, thanx for helping me!
Old May 11, 2010, 10:11 AM
kleinsasser.eu

16 posts · Jan 2010
Austria

a simple question because there is in each thread written "leave the old version and put the new one into another directory" ...

may i delete the old \wp-content\themes\atahualpa directory if the new one is working?
Old May 11, 2010, 10:19 AM
Ferd

6 posts · Mar 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Ferd, what is the url?
are you on a MAC? Willing to screen share so I can poke arround?
Thanks, juggledad.
I am on a Mac using OS 10.5.8, and the Safari web browser.
Ata 3.4.6 runs fine, and I reverted back to it when 3.4.9 didn't work for me.

Thank you very much for offering to help, but I'd rather not screen share right now, as I'd like my site visible as much as possible today, and I'll be away from my computer for a while.

My site, for future reference, is http://thebestparts.net
Old May 11, 2010, 10:19 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
if you have this problem and are comfortable using phpMyAdmin, please do the following
1) go to phpMyAdmin and to the wordpress db and issue the following SQL
HTML Code:
Then export the results to a file and PM me with the file, then...

If you are not seeing your posts after activating 3.4.9 go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN and hit the SAVE and see if that fixes the issue.
OK - I really don't know where to go from here. I have uploaded the new directory for 349 to /themes, uploaded the 3 or 4 images to the correct locations, updated the urls (by changing atahualpa to atahualpa349) in any image addresses in settings where necessary AND I have gone through and previewed and saved every relevant section top tp bottom on the left navigation area -

After all of this, all I have on the site is my front page (not formatted correctly) my footer, and part of my header image - no sidebars or anything else, no background image, etc..taking up the whole screen

Am I missing something obvious here? I must be

Last edited by Thomas; May 11, 2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
AdrianusV - you can swap back to teh 3.4.6 version and look up what the fonts are and then just put them in the 3.4.9

kleinsasser.eu - once you are sure everything is working fine, yes you can delete the old theme folder, though it's not taking up much room.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:45 AM
duramatters

13 posts · Feb 2010
venice california
I just took over a site that is version 3.1.9.

I installed the new version as Atahualpa349 - but when I activate, my page displays funny, left sidepanel in the middle.

Do I need to change something? or upgrade to an earlier version first?

thank you!
Old May 11, 2010, 10:56 AM
fox-didl

24 posts · Jan 2010
My site: www.elektroroller24.com (3.4.6 is still active)

I try to update and it looks nice now but there isn't the third column anymore.
Until now i have a small left, big center small right column. How can I active the second column?
Is it possible to have small/large/small column or is it necessary to have small/small/large column?
Old May 11, 2010, 11:54 AM
AdrianusV

3 posts · Feb 2010
The Netherlands
Quote:
AdrianusV - you can swap back to teh 3.4.6 version and look up what the fonts are and then just put them in the 3.4.9.
Yep, that helped. Thanx!
Old May 11, 2010, 12:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
duramatters - what is the url?

fox-didl - try this, go to ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS and save the page, see it that does anything.
Old May 11, 2010, 12:21 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
OK - I really don't know where to go from here. I have uploaded the new directory for 349 to /themes, uploaded the 3 or 4 images to the correct locations, updated the urls (by changing atahualpa to atahualpa349) in any image addresses in settings where necessary AND I have gone through and previewed and saved every relevant section top tp bottom on the left navigation area -

After all of this, all I have on the site is my front page (not formatted correctly) my footer, and part of my header image - no sidebars or anything else, no background image, etc..taking up the whole screen

Am I missing something obvious here? I must be
The following from a post on the 3.4.8 thread from Larry (lmilesw) worked for me - Thanks Larry!

"Update: I set CSS to External file, saved, and set back to internal and the styling was back without sidebars. I set the sidebars to not show at all, saved, and then set it back and the sidebars showed up."
Old May 11, 2010, 01:15 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
I like the new layouts and I'm using the default right now. There are 2 settings I'm having trouble with:

1.) My header image has an unwanted top and bottom bar that are both #CCCCCC and 5 or 7 PX. I don't have bar1 or bar2 designated in my header configuration - in fact, the only element is %image.

I have been all over the place trying to remove these huge bars that are encasing my header but I can't find them anywhere..any ideas?

2.) The second thing isn't as critical but my favicon (which displayed fine in 3.4.6) has been uploaded to the wp-content/themes/atahualpa349/images/favicon folder - and designated anew in the favicon section - still isn't showing..I've deleted my cache and still nothing..again, not as critical as the mystery bars but any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks
Thomas
Old May 11, 2010, 01:18 PM
duramatters

13 posts · Feb 2010
venice california
Juggledad - the site is here: http://mycentralpharmacy.com/news/welcome/ - I am back to 3.1.9 for now.
Old May 11, 2010, 01:21 PM
duramatters

13 posts · Feb 2010
venice california
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramatters
Juggledad - the site is here: http://mycentralpharmacy.com/news/welcome/ - I am back to 3.1.9 for now.
I turned 3.4.9 back on for you to see.
Old May 11, 2010, 01:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
duramatters - swap back to your previous release then issue the following SQL statement in phpMyAdmin on your wordpress database (make sure the prefix matches the prefix of your database
HTML Code:
DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata4'
then swap back to 3.4.9 and see how it looks.
Old May 11, 2010, 02:00 PM
duramatters

13 posts · Feb 2010
venice california
Quote:
duramatters - swap back to your previous release then issue the following SQL statement in phpMyAdmin on your wordpress database (make sure the prefix matches the prefix of your database
HTML Code:
DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata4'
then swap back to 3.4.9 and see how it looks.
Thank you. That did delete a line, but no change when I switched back.
Old May 11, 2010, 02:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
duramatters - could you do an SQL
HTML Code:
then export the result (export is at bottom of the screen) to a file and send it to me? I want to see what is different.
Old May 11, 2010, 03:51 PM
fox-didl

24 posts · Jan 2010
thanx juggledad for the help. I resolved the problem now.
But there are still a few plugins like "WP-Pagenavi" with problems with the new version.

Is there a way to have some widgets without space for a widget header and some with it.
Not every time it's a good thing to have a widget header.

And last...I hope there will be a translation into german soon. Not every word of atahualpa 3 in the frontend can be translated into german it seems...

Great work with this new version of this theme! There will be a donation soon...
Old May 11, 2010, 06:00 PM
emilyrose

13 posts · May 2010
The new update is great considering I just started with 3.4.6 lol

But since changing I can't figure out how to get my center column back to using up the space between side bars.

www.emilyrosetheartist.com

thanks for any help i can get.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Your right inner sidebar is set to show. The new theme apperently does that by default. Just turn it off.
Old May 12, 2010, 06:08 AM
kleinsasser.eu

16 posts · Jan 2010
Austria
Quote:
kleinsasser.eu - once you are sure everything is working fine, yes you can delete the old theme folder, though it's not taking up much room.
Thx for information ... it's only for eyes