Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Center Page Menu Bar

Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:00 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
We are getting closer !
Now I have background all over the navi bar !
And if I would like activated button also to be transparent ? Just the font color should change color in hover status and active status. Button background always transparent.

Then all issues with page menu bar are solved !
Looks like you have the same color (#ffff000) at A. Theme Options -> Page Menu Bar -> Background color: Hover / Link Color: Hover

Making HOVER or CURRENT transparent is currently not possible through the Theme Option color pickers as I have not prepared the menu bars to have background images. You'd have to add a HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Insert
HTML Code:
/* CURRENT */
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:link, 
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:active, 
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:hover, 
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:visited {
background: transparent;
color: #123456;
}

/* HOVER */
ul.rMenu li a:hover {
background: #654321;
color: #123456;
}
Also, (this is specifically for tigger), regarding the language flags you have on your site. You were right to add float:left. To bring them closer to the search form, add this CSS Insert:

HTML Code:
td.search-box {
width: 350px;
}
Old May 10, 2009, 07:42 PM
Whylie

3 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Flynn -

First off, this theme is amazing. Thank You.

But I'm having a slight problem. I followed the information you gave in Post 19 of this thread and it worked great; my page menu bar is centered.

However, occasionally - only in FireFox on my Mac (fine in windows) - the menu bar will wrap either one of the buttons or - even less frequently - it will push them into a vertical line.

I've been trying for days and I can't seem to get it to stop.

It's also worth noting that I combined my Category and page Menu Bars using the code you suggested in post 2 of the "Combining Category & Pages menu" thread by Masselyn.

You can check my site out here: www.renegadeliving.net

Thanks for any help you can give!
Old May 11, 2009, 05:32 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Try giving the table a defined width in pixels

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="margin: 0 auto; width: 1000px">

I cannot check this as I have no Mac.

Old May 11, 2009, 08:13 PM
Whylie

3 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks, Flynn!

This worked great. I had to tinker with the fixed with (790px ended up working best for me) but it solved the problem!

I love this theme.
Old May 20, 2009, 04:45 AM
Ms. M

5 posts · Apr 2009
Change functions/bfa_header_config.php, line 12

Is that located in templates header.php?

I couldn't seem to locate that line.
Old May 20, 2009, 05:59 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It's a separate file: atahualpa333/functions/bfa_header_config.php
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:43 AM
lion.gem

9 posts · Feb 2009
Hello...
I have update to Atahualpa 3.3.3, but this tip to change the lines in the file bfa_header_config.php, won't work. When i do this and try to update the file, it's says error syntax in line....

Anybody make that work in Atahualpa 3.3.3?
Thanx
Old Jun 18, 2009, 07:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Please copy and paste the exact error message and the 3 lines before and after the error line indicated in the code. You have probable mistyped something.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 12:42 AM
lion.gem

9 posts · Feb 2009
Thank you for your reply.

In line 12 in my bfa_header_config.php file, i have something else "if (is_front_page() OR is_home())".

Anyway, i changed the functions wich are in seperate lines from what Flynn says and the error message is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /home/content/b/a/l/balkanx778899/html/blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_header_config.php on line 8

In the version 3.3.2 worked ok for me, but not in 3.3.3
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ok, you copied the message, but what about the code - please copy and paste a 5 lines before where you made the change to 5 lines after.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:14 AM
lion.gem

9 posts · Feb 2009
Code:
<?php
function bfa_header_config($header_items) {

global $bfa_ata;

if (strpos($header_items,'%pages')!==false) {
	// Page Menu Bar 
	$page_menu_bar = '<div id="menu1"><ul id="rmenu2" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu">' . "\n";
	if ($bfa_ata['home_page_menu_bar'] != '') {
		$page_menu_bar .= '<li class="page_item';
		if (function_exists('is_front_page')) {
			if (is_front_page() OR is_home()) { 
				$page_menu_bar .= ' current_page_item';
			}
		} elseif (is_home()) { 
			$page_menu_bar .= ' current_page_item';	
		}
		$page_menu_bar .= '"><a href="' . get_option('home') . '/" title="' . get_option('blogname') . '">' . 
		$bfa_ata['home_page_menu_bar'] . '</a></li>' . "\n";	
	}	
	if ($bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'] == "") {
		$bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'] = 0; 
	}	
	$page_menu_bar .= bfa_hor_pages($bfa_ata['sorting_page_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'], 
	$bfa_ata['titles_page_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['exclude_page_menu_bar']);
	$page_menu_bar .= '</ul></div>' . "\n";
	// END of Page Menu Bar 
}
this is the lines from 1 to 28
Old Jun 27, 2009, 02:09 AM
dykrewade

1 posts · Jun 2009
I have the same problem lion.gem.... Really need to sort this out soon... Anyone? I can't login to my blog, can't do anything... Getting this message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=' in /(...........)wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_header_config.php on line 12

(remove the brackets and periods which disguise directory)

Anyone????? Please!!!!

(P.S. I didn't get a chance to enter the code to the CSS/HTML box in the theme options control panel... Just changed the lines in 12 and 23... then got the parse error)
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:35 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
Is this still the same code I'd use for the more recent versions of WP/Atahualpa? I noticed this post is from more than two years ago. I too am trying to center my menu items. Someone gave me the code to do it and it worked, except that the sub menu itmes were all off center an inaccessible because the mouse couldn't get over to them without them disappearing.

Any thoughts?