Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

[SOLVED] BUGFIX: single quote shows as HTML code browser tab when SEO is on

Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I've seen something about this somewhere on this forum but couldn't find the thread. When I turn on the SEO built into Atahualpa I get screenshot 1. Screenshot 2 is with the built in SEO off. Any ideas?

Screenshot 1
Attachment 462

Screenshot 2
Attachment 463

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 1, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
larry,
what plugin are you using to get that tab?
What's teh URL? (if you need to keep it private, send me a PM with the URL)
Old Apr 13, 2010, 07:06 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
No plugin Paul. If I turn on the built in SEO in Atahualpa that is what I get in Firefox. The site is being built so I will PM you with a login if you want to view it.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is being caused because both WordPress and Atahualpa are converting special characters in the title to the HTML equivalent. WordPress would convert a single quote to '& # 8 2 1 7 ;' (extra spaces added so it won't convert it here) and when Atahualpa processed it again, it was changing the '&' into a '&' so the single quote now looked like this '’' which isn't a proper HTML code thus displaying improperly.

To fix this edit bfa_meta_tags.php and find line 71 (in version 3.4.6) which should be
HTML Code:
			$bfa_ata_page_title = htmlentities(single_post_title('', false),ENT_QUOTES,'UTF-8');
and change it to
HTML Code:
			$bfa_ata_page_title = single_post_title('', false);

=====================
7/9/10 NOTE: this did not get fixed n 3.5.1 - see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...6521#post36521 for a fixed copy of the code.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM.