Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Adding a category drop down menu in the page menu

Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:37 AM
bernicewood

7 posts · Oct 2010
In lieu of the full category bar, I am attempting to add a drop-down category button to the menu bar at the top.
Not very savvy at coding, so if you share code please be specific about where to place.
Version 3.4.9 but could upgrade
URL- http://livingthebalancedlife.com
Thanks!
Bernice
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you upgrade and use the WordPress menu systems this is a no brainer. If you do upgrade we suggest using the manual method so you can switch back to what you currently have if there are any issues. Some run into the Suhosin issue with 3.6.4 and so use 3.5.3 instead. If you do a search for Suhosin you will find many threads on that and the upgrading info is in the New Versions and Updating thread. Backup Backup Backup. That is said three times not to scare you but is just a real good idea.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:58 AM
bernicewood

7 posts · Oct 2010
I did do a custom menu bar as a widget, but I don't really like it in the sidebar. (it is currently acitve) Is there a way for it to go at the top with the pages?
Thanks for your help!
Bernice
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is very easy with the WordPress menu system but you will need to upgrade.