Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Changing width of center text column

Old Mar 6, 2009, 06:35 AM
vikram

9 posts · Mar 2009
India
OK I am almost done getting my blog to look like I want it to. Nothing fancy, but atahualpa makes it look elegant enough

I have removed the left sidebar, and would like to get the post text in the center column to be more compact without changing the width of the right sidebar or the entire layout. I would appreciate if I could be pointed to how to do so two ways:

* By increasing the white space to the right of the text in the center column (about an inch of white space.)

* By adding white space to the left of the right sidebar, inside the dashed border.

Sorry if this is a really basic request, but I tried fiddling with all possible options, with no luck, and I know nothing about HTML or PHP. It's like I am throwing crap to the wall and seeing what sticks

Thanks much.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 12:28 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can add padding-left: XXpx; to
Sidebars -> LEFT sidebar style

or add padding-right: XXpx; to
Center -> Center column style

There should already be padding values in the textareas of both, change the existing ones of add yours at the boom
Old Mar 6, 2009, 02:27 PM
vikram

9 posts · Mar 2009
India
That did it! Appreciate the help, Flynn. One last question for now: when I click the title of each post, and it opens the single post, why does the title font change although I have both set to the exact same values below ( HEADLINE Box: Links also has text-decoration: none; )

color: #7EC700;
letter-spacing: -1 px;
font-family: tahoma;
font size: 18 px;
font weight: bold;
Old Mar 6, 2009, 02:52 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Put only the link related styles (color, underline) in the link box. Especially font-size and weight should only be in the text related box as otherwise it might add up each other

<h2><a>...</a></h2>

h2 (controlled through text box) = font face, size etc...
a (controlled through link box) = link default color, hover color, underline
Old Mar 6, 2009, 08:48 PM
vikram

9 posts · Mar 2009
India
Flynn, I reset the Headline Links field box to default values, and left the font family + size in the text box as you said. Why does the single post headline still turn bold after being clicked on? I don't understand.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 04:49 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It is getting the overall, site-wide style for H2 which is font-weight: bold;

add font-weight: normal; to HEADLINE Box: Text