Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How do I put the category name at the top of a category page?

Old Jun 18, 2009, 07:57 PM
janey73

15 posts · Jun 2009
Right now when I click on a particular category, it doesn't show that category name at the top. It just starts with the first blog title.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ory+page+title
Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:54 AM
janey73

15 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks, JuggleDad ...

I added the code as described but got a syntax error:

Here's the first 6 lines of the code. Did a copy and paste of the 4th line which caused the problem.

<?php // get all options:
include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
get_header(); ?>
<?php if ( is_category() ) ?><h3><?php single_cat_title(''); ?></h3><?php } ?>

<?php // If there are any posts:
if (have_posts()) : $postcount == 0; ?>
Old Jun 20, 2009, 09:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
change the line to
HTML Code:
<?php if ( is_category() ) {?><h3><?php single_cat_title(''); ?></h3><?php } ?> 
note the '{' after 'is_category() )'
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:48 AM
twinisles

2 posts · Jan 2012
I am new to Atahualpa and so far like it very much. I am able to program but looking for a theme that can be configured through standard options and doesn't lose added code every time an update is released. I would also like the category title at the top of category listing pages and wonder if this has now been added as a configurable option before I start hacking the code? If not, could it please be considered for a future update.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 02:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You won't lose changes you make to the theme options in an upgrade but you may have to move some images and make some path changes. This is not a big deal though. As for the category at the top there is not theme option for that but there may be plugins that do that or the custom query page template in the Gold Forum MAY do what you want.

I recommend against hacking the code as you then will have to redo any hacks after an upgrade.