Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] changing the content width

Old Oct 1, 2010, 04:31 AM
mr55

4 posts · Oct 2010
Hi,
How do I extend the width of the content area? please see pic: http://screencast.com/t/OTBiZWI0ZT

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2010, 04:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the width of the center area is = the width of the page - the width of the sidebars

there is no direct setting, it is a calculated value
Old Oct 1, 2010, 04:58 AM
mr55

4 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks for the quick response! Sorry, I am quite new to Wordpress & the theme.

Where in the admin panel do you make the change - 'Style & Edit Centre Panel' ? Just don't know where to go to to make the change.

Help appreciated.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You should take some time and look thru all the theme option pages and get familiar with them. You need to ask yourself "Hmmm, if I want to change the width of the sidebar, which option area would I look in??" and then look at the various places. Same holds true if you want to change the width of the layout. You need to ask yourself "Hmmm, if I want to change the width of the layout, which option area would I look in??"
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:30 AM
mr55

4 posts · Oct 2010
To some people like me who are new to all this, it's as clear as mud!

Thanks for your time anyway.

Cheers
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
FYI, it looks like you have both the left inner and right inner sidebars defined to display, but there is nothing in them, so shutting them off will give you more room (content width = layout width - sidebars)

Hang in there it takes time to learn anything new.

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 1, 2010 at 08:30 AM.