Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Change Layout MIN width if width is lower than X pixels?

Old Oct 12, 2013, 04:05 PM
Factorfiction

24 posts · Jan 2011
Hi!

I have a website with 70% fluid width, minimum 640 pixels and maximum 950 pixels, which looks great on laptops, tablets and big screens.

But, when using an iPhone I wish to lower the minimum width to fit the screen better.

Is it somehow possible to override the theme settings so that minimum width is 640 pixels down to 321 pixels and when the size of the website measures 320 pixels the minimum width changes to 320 pixels?

Edit: Whops, wrote "pixels" four times in one sentance

Last edited by Factorfiction; Oct 12, 2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Embarrassment
Old Oct 13, 2013, 03:54 AM
Factorfiction

24 posts · Jan 2011
No one answered yesterday, so I played along myself and I think I kinda solved.

CSS:

HTML Code:
@media (min-width:1px) and (max-width:320px) {
            div#wrapper {min-width:320px;}
            h1 {font-size: 24px;}
}

Now when I bring down the width of my browser down to 320, it gets resized!

Problem: Looks great on http://iphone5simulator.com but I just tested the website on a real iPhone 5 and there it dosen't get resized.

Anyone got a clue about what's the problem?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 05:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
google found this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...non-responsive

you will want to put it in the ato->add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Header