Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Content of Left Side Bar overlapping into center post

Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:41 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
Bug [SOLVED] Content of Left Side Bar overlapping into center post

Hi there

This is a new thing that has just appeared on my blog, maybe the last month.

I use latest version of Wordpress and latest versions on Atahaulpa 3.7.7. On Google and Firefox everything is ok, but on Internet explorer 6, 7 and 8 the left side bar content starts to overlap onto the centre post.

I was informed about it my some of my readers, so I actually have no idea how long this problem has been there because I use Firefox.

It also says there is a script that is running that appears problematic.

Can you please assist

Thanks a million!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
your issues have to do with one of the plugins/widgets you are using.

you need to get access to a IE8 and disable all the plugins and look at the results, then add them back in one at a time till you find the culprit

(I suspect it is teh Better WordPress Recent Comments plugin)

you need to do the same thing for the script error.

(FWIW - in IMHO your page is way, way too busy)

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 25, 2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 05:58 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
Ok thanks, I will disable them and see what happens.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I see no problems on IE6, 7, 8, or 9 other than the header doesn't show in IE 6.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:39 AM
Pikkals

42 posts · Jan 2010
Ok I fixed it! I got rid of that plugin.

lmilesw - I think I had already fixed the problem by the time you checked.

I don't have IE 6, so I can't see if the header is gone...