Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Other BFA WordPress Themes »

Themeframe?

Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
right, but it hasn't been released yet - you find out when it is.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:42 PM
masterchief

18 posts · Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to masterchief
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
right, but it hasn't been released yet - you find out when it is.
I would fully expect that. that is the way vBulletin works for sure.

Flynn posted this on 11-01:
I plan to release a first version in 2-3 days. You can get in into the Beta group until it is released.

I understood that to mean that perhaps Beta group was available.

I was really not expecting your response at all, especially since we have interacted in the past via the donor forums in regards to announcement box customization concept.

regards,
William

Last edited by masterchief; Nov 3, 2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sorry if I offended you, I've answered so many posts that sometimes I can't remember who my wife is (grin) I just want to make sure everyone understands where Themeframe is at. I did some debugging of the Alpha version before Flynn went off in October and I'm sure he is hard at work getting it ready to release.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 06:10 AM
masterchief

18 posts · Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
we are all very passionate about wordpress and the coming of themeframe....
Old Nov 4, 2009, 07:33 PM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Indeed! I've been looking forward to this for almost six months now.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 07:06 PM
WebTrooper

4 posts · Nov 2009
To be honest, I'm starting to get a little impatient. First it was August, then sept., then end of oct, then 2 or 3 more days, and today is Nov. 7. I could understand if this were a free extension, but we're paying in advance just to test the beta release, whenever that becomes a reality. And the production release has yet to see a price tag.

I just caught the part about $40, so I'm adding another $20 to my donation to bring it up to par. But really, you guys gotta release something soon or, I don't know, guess I'll go on a hunger strike or something.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 07:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You've probably noticed that Flynn hasn't been very visable on the forums. I suspect it's because he is spending the majority of his time on ThemeFrame (He is in Germany, I'm in the US). I got a message from him yesterday (Fri Nov 6th), in reply to my question asking how ThemeFrame was going.
Quote:
It's getting along and I will release the CSS part shortly, as a plugin, plus static page templates which people can copy as page.php etc., so without a main theme control panel for now or else it would take longer. Currently finishing the menu creator and some drag & drop action to re-arrange the layout. I'll try to release this CSS creator any day now.
I know everyone is getting itchy, but for each problem he fixes before it's released, it will help everyone that will be using it.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 02:39 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I will release what I have (the CSS creator part) within next week. From then on I'll keep adding features based on your input.

I am sorry for the delay which is caused by the fact that I am doing the hard part, the WYSIWYG part, at first. The remaining theme controls will be partly based on Atahualpa and take less time. You'll be much more productive with Themeframe than with Atahualpa.

Please keep in mind that this $40 dollar offer gets you in at a much lower price than the final price which will be well over $100.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:02 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
And let's not forget that Flynn was off the reservation for a while in October doing his military service, so cut him some slack, folks! We're glad you came home safely, Flynn!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 03:02 PM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Hey Flynn, Juggledad --

Obviously we are all "chomping at the bit" to get our hands on Themeframe and curious about the pricing. I understand you need to make a living, however, here is some feedback about that. Your main competitive advantage right now is that you are comparable to Thesis and free. I am afraid you will lose that if you go with a $100 product. I think a better bet is releasing a simplified free-or-very-cheap version with an upgrade path. Get people hooked and then make them upgrade. At very minimum, give us a developer license for use with my clients, I may even pay a few hundred for that. Without that, I will just go with Thesis and their developer license that gives me a right to resell for $40. It's a more mature product.

My next project is actually styling Atahualpa like Thesis, because Thesis has much better typography. I will write more when that's done.

warm regards,
marc
http://everymanmarketing.com
Old Nov 8, 2009, 05:14 PM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
I don't agree. I think Atahualpa is the free product that will get people hooked. If I hadn't downloaded Atahualpa about two years ago and gotten COMPLETELY hooked, I wouldn't have waited for Themeframe for 6 months.

I would gladly pay $100 for a completed Themeframe-product, since I know how great Atahualpa was. Atahualpa should be the free theme and Themeframe the premium theme with all the Atahualpa-features and more. The main thing is to keep Atahualpa good but Themeframe better, and I know people will pay that much for it.

Although, I must say, with that pricing I ASSUME that there won't be a footer credit link.

Last edited by Danielwerner; Nov 8, 2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 05:25 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Having recently worked with Artisteer to create some custom themes for clients, and trying out Thesis and Hybrid, I'm even more of an Atahualpa lover, and I can't wait for Themeframe.

I love that, even with "just" Atahualpa, I can give my clients customized sites that don't look like everybody else's on the web. I like to spend my time thinking about how to structure the site, not about how to tweak all the options by hand. I'm freed from all of that by the extremely useful Atahualpa options.

Themeframe should be even better.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:29 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
And let's not forget that Flynn was off the reservation for a while in October doing his military service, so cut him some slack, folks! We're glad you came home safely, Flynn!
Amen to that!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:56 AM
gonzalolandin

1 posts · Sep 2009
I think that if you have been working with Atahualpa you will be please to pay 100$ for theme frame.
I would pay 100$ for Atahualpa also.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:12 PM
bsizzle

9 posts · Jan 2009
Is it too late to donate to get into the beta group?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 02:01 PM
Liston

26 posts · Oct 2009
Scotland
As Flynn said you can get in anytime before it is released. Since it is not released yet, I would say the answer is yes.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:47 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
Has the beta testing started? I'd also like to participate -- and made sure to pay my $40 before the deadline so I could!

Lila
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:59 AM
masterchief

18 posts · Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalolandin
I think that if you have been working with Atahualpa you will be please to pay 100$ for theme frame.
I would pay 100$ for Atahualpa also.
contribute more for it...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:13 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Themeframe will be for unlimited sites and domains, your own sites and client sites. No limitation there, and no extra fees per client site or things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyman
Hey Flynn, Juggledad --

Obviously we are all "chomping at the bit" to get our hands on Themeframe and curious about the pricing. I understand you need to make a living, however, here is some feedback about that. Your main competitive advantage right now is that you are comparable to Thesis and free. I am afraid you will lose that if you go with a $100 product. I think a better bet is releasing a simplified free-or-very-cheap version with an upgrade path. Get people hooked and then make them upgrade. At very minimum, give us a developer license for use with my clients, I may even pay a few hundred for that. Without that, I will just go with Thesis and their developer license that gives me a right to resell for $40. It's a more mature product.

My next project is actually styling Atahualpa like Thesis, because Thesis has much better typography. I will write more when that's done.

warm regards,
marc
http://everymanmarketing.com
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:14 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There won't be footer credits. I really want this to be a useful tool for web designers and developers. A tool even I myself would (and will) use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielwerner
I don't agree. I think Atahualpa is the free product that will get people hooked. If I hadn't downloaded Atahualpa about two years ago and gotten COMPLETELY hooked, I wouldn't have waited for Themeframe for 6 months.

I would gladly pay $100 for a completed Themeframe-product, since I know how great Atahualpa was. Atahualpa should be the free theme and Themeframe the premium theme with all the Atahualpa-features and more. The main thing is to keep Atahualpa good but Themeframe better, and I know people will pay that much for it.

Although, I must say, with that pricing I ASSUME that there won't be a footer credit link.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:06 PM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Keep up the good work, Flynn!

A question though: The themeframe beta, with the features that isn't implemented yet, will it be possible to build and maintain a site with the beta, and not lose any functions that Atahualpa has? How big will the limitations be on the beta?

You see, I'm going to build a pretty big (I hope) site this week, and I'm not sure if I should use Atahualpa and wait until Themeframe goes 1.0, or wait a until the beta is released and start on the site then.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:46 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
I agree that the positive experience of using Atahualpa will make more-than-casual users willing to pay for Themeframe. Especially if the support community is as robust and helpful as this one is.

Early today, I checked out a new twitter follower to see if I wanted to follow him back. When I got to his website I found it was Atahualpa-themed! I felt immediate kinship. Anyone who's using Atahualpa can't be all bad, can they?
Old Nov 13, 2009, 10:56 AM
gomer

19 posts · Oct 2009
OH, USA
Increased donation level to $40. Since ThemeFrame not released yet, can I be included in beta?
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:04 AM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer
Increased donation level to $40. Since ThemeFrame not released yet, can I be included in beta?
Read the latest posts please, it says that you can donate and be included in the beta UNTIL the beta is released.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 11:12 AM
gomer

19 posts · Oct 2009
OH, USA
Come on, dude, a simple yes/no is enough. We don't need to talk down to each other.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by gomer; Nov 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM.