Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Page menu moves on hover

Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:22 AM
cabdziner

22 posts · Feb 2011
[SOLVED] Page menu moves on hover

ATA 3.7.10 - http://melissaleeper.wordpressproservices.com

This is a sandbox site I am building for a client. I have a custom widget area for the header content and have adjusted the menu (pages-right) so it is positioned with the bottom of the logo in the header.

Code:
div#menu1 {
background: transparent !important;
border: none !important;
margin:-80px 0 0 0;
}
Problem: the menu items move when you hover over them. I can't seem to find a fix.

I have been using ATA 3.5.3 for many years and this is the first time using this new version.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well would you like to walk thru how to figure this out?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:03 AM
cabdziner

22 posts · Feb 2011
yes please
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, first fire up FireFox and make sure you have the FireBug extension installed
next go view the page then using the browsers 'view source' option, view the source, copy it save it to a text file with the extension 'html' and then open this file in your browser to see if you see the page.

come back once you have done that.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:34 AM
cabdziner

22 posts · Feb 2011
ok... ready
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Next edit the file and remove everything from just after the
HTML Code:
<title>Main « Melissa Leeper</title>
thru just before the <style for all the atahualpa styling
save and view the page

then remove everything from
HTML Code:
<tr id="bodyrow">
to the </tr> just before the last </table> on the site

What you are doing is reducing the code to a manageable size to isolate the issue.
save and view the page