Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Applying different style to center column in multi post pages only

Old Nov 13, 2009, 10:58 AM
maija

4 posts · Nov 2009
Atahualpa has been excellent so far, and I've found answers on these forums to most of my questions, but here's one I couldn't find an answer to: is it possible to apply a different style to posts on the multi post pages (eg. when a category is selected) only? The formatting as it is for the home page and single post pages is fine, but for multi post pages I would like the excerpts to be a lot tighter together vertically (ie. reduced top/bottom padding/margin for body, header, footer, etc). With the current formatting, there is a lot of empty space on multi post pages between the headline and the body, and the body and the next post.

I imagine that I will have to add some PHP into The Loop, and a CSS insert.

Here is an example of a multi post category page with too much vertical spacing in it:
http://www.maijagraham.com/?cat=13

Thank you.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 01:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What you would do is create a bunch of CSS selectors and ruls based off the page type. To find the page type, go to the page and view the source. Look for '<body...'

In your example it is '<body class="archive category category-animation">' so you could now create selectors like
HTML Code:
body.category-animation div.post div.post-headline a {
    color: #EE0000;
}
this should change the color of the headline to a red on that page only. You can now address all the other things you want to do.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:31 AM
Jeff G

39 posts · Mar 2010
In this same vein, how can I apply a style so that the headlines on multi-post pages don't automatically center?

I'm building this site:
http://www.fuzzpodmusic.dreamhosters.com/news/

To imitate this one:
http://web.me.com/fuzzpodmusic/Site/News/News.html

I tried to put in this CSS code:

.blog .post-headline {
text-align:left;
margin-left:236px;
}

To move the headline where I want it, but it shoved the centered headline over, taking the horizontal bar with it!

Any help greatly appreciated!

--j

Using
WP 3.0
Atahualpa 3.5.1