Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Comments allowed on specific pages

Old Jan 13, 2011, 02:09 PM
brodammer

18 posts · Aug 2010
Hello, I would like to have comments allowed on only a few pages of our site. We are a library and I will be putting a book up for discussion. We would like users to answer but only on that page for now. There may be a few other pages like that in the future but for now I really need it on just one. I have looked through threads multiple times and don't see an answer for this.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are allowing comments on pages,
Go to dashboard->pages edit the page you don't want comments on, find the section 'discussion' and uncheck the 'Allow Comments' box
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:59 PM
brodammer

18 posts · Aug 2010
I am using 3.5.1 and I don't see a discussion section on the edit page. Do I need to upgrade or something. I only want it on one page. Does this mean I will have to open it to all and then deactivate it on all but one?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to ato-Style & configure COMMENTS and there is an option to allow comments on pages (this is an Atahualpa feature, you normally don't have comments tied to pages.)
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:29 AM
rperkins3

5 posts · Oct 2010
I also wanted the comments to appear only on one "page" page. Unchecking the "allow comments" box, as described in this thread, worked. However, for the pages that have the "do not allow" box checked, the words "comments are closed" appear. Is there a way to remove this on the pages that the user is not allowed to leave a comment? Thank you.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
one easy way would be to go to ato->Style & configure COMMENTS->Comments Are Closed text and blank out the option. However this would effect All places where the comments are closed, posts as well.

A more elegant way would be to change the option value to
HTML Code:
<p class="comment_closed">Comments are closed.</p>
then add a CSS Insert
HTML Code:
body.page p.comment_closed {display:none;}