Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Admin cannot log in after changing front page template.

Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:55 PM
webgurl

59 posts · Nov 2010
WordPress 3.0/Atahualpa 3.4.9/Firefox 3.6.12/XP sp3/
I think your template is brilliant. I am new to WordPress so I have put in a lot of hours getting used to it and to atahualpa. Last week I locked myself out when I changed some permalinks, but was able
to fix it in wp-options.

The static front page was challenging, but I finally have widget and plug-in running on center column. It runs on ALL the pages though, not just the front, which is what I would like. So today I changed the static front page to nosidebar.php (after following JuggleDad's mod instructions). NOW I cannot log into the site as admin.

I've tried everything. Nothing works. The site runs, www.greenvilleconcerts.com/blog - but I cannot log in. This happened imediately after I selected the nosidebar.php for the page template instead of default. Can you tell me how to log in and fix this?

Thx so much.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 03:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Using FTP, go into the atahualpa folder and rename 'index.'php'' to 'index.old' this will cause wordpress to activate the twenty-ten theme and you will be able to get in if it was something you did to mess up the theme.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:28 PM
webgurl

59 posts · Nov 2010
But if the theme was messed up, would it still run? Like I said, the theme starts fine. I just cant log in as admin. Can you think of any reason why changing the template on the static front page would prevent Admin from logging on? Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I've never heard of something like this, but it won't hurt anything to swap to the default theme, you can always swap back to atahualpa one you get into the backend.

By swapping themes you will learn if it is a theme issue or something else.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:59 PM
webgurl

59 posts · Nov 2010
Ok, and thanks for your time.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 01:40 PM
webgurl

59 posts · Nov 2010
fyi.. I clicked on forgot password and received and encrypted psw from WordPress, and it worked! You can mark this issue closed, thank goodness! Thank You, oh wise ones!!!