Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

CSS Shadows & Radius not showing on all browsers

Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:06 AM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
CSS Shadows & Radius not showing on all browsers

I am trying to get my site to look the same across all browsers…I would like to have border-radius and box shadow around the white, “content” part of the page (www.choosemyplan.com).

Originally, I could not get the radius to show on either FF14 or Safari5.1, and could only get the box shadow to display on FF. I added “display:block” to #bodyrow, and all looked great on both browsers. However, when viewing the “blog” page (www.choosemyplan.com/blog), it takes #middle and puts it beneath #left…I have no idea why…Only removing “display:block” from #bodyrow will allow the blog page to be displayed properly…however, I then lose the radius and box-shadow on Safari, and radius on FF.

Wordpress 3.2.1
ATA 3.7.1

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) why are you on such an old Atahualpa and WP release?

Quote:
I am trying to get my site to look the same across all browsers…
it never will unless you spend an awful lot of time coding around the shortcomings of IE

while most browsers handle rounding corners IE doesn't until IE9
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:06 AM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
juggledad...thanks for the response. I have not updated...simply because I don't know how to. I am not a web designer, but rather trying to clean up/finish the job of someone I hired. I am not concerned with IE because I realize that it is not as flexible as the other browsers, and I don't have time to learn how to customize the site for IE.

Are you saying if I update both ATA and WP, my issue would be resolved?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Are you saying if I update both ATA and WP, my issue would be resolved?
I'm saying that you are behind in the maintenance of your site and do not have all th lates patches on. Will updating fix your issue? I don't know and won't until you update. If you want me to dig in and figure out what exactly is causing the issue, I'd be happy to, send me a PM and I will quote you my rate

or you could use FireBug to look at the code to determine what is causing it or make a copy of the theme and copy the settings over a page at a time to see which is causing the issue and then figure out a solution.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
I have looked using firebug, and cannot determine what is causing the problem, otherwise I would have fixed it. The change occurs only on the blog page...I am wondering if there is something I can modify in the CSS for the blog page that will allow it to display properly?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
As I said back in April when you first started asking questions, there is more than 2000 lines of extra CSS inthis site. That is going to make it nearly impossible to tweek and you would be better off having someone redo the site. Yes I know you already paid someone and weren't happy, but your problem could be caused by some part of that 2000 lines of code and no one is going to look thru them for nothing. If you are not techinally savy enough to find the issues you really need to hire someone to help you.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:18 PM
Dave Pitman

430 posts · Nov 2010
Pacific Northwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro7447
However, when viewing the “blog” page (www.choosemyplan.com/blog), it takes #middle and puts it beneath #left…I have no idea why…Only removing “display:block” from #bodyrow will allow the blog page to be displayed properly…however, I then lose the radius and box-shadow on Safari, and radius on FF.
Is this what you want?

I was able to achieve this in FF.14 and Chrome.20 I did not test in Safari.

I agree with Juggledad and Larry; If the theme is chock full of edits, it will be difficult to maintain. Unfortunately, it often takes longer to figure out what someone else has done in order to try and fix it, than to start clean.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:39 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
I agree with all the above. I would certainly upgrade everything. It is not hard to do. You go to the dashboard and if you see a number beside the link for plugins or up in the top bar, you will know there is an upgrade.

Also know that if you upgrade the Atahualpa Theme, you will lose your banner, it will be overwritten by the defaults. DO NOT PANIC. In your FTP program, you simply go to wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/ and re-upload your banner and delete the three default images.

The advice you are getting is right, Petro. 2000 lines of code is absolutely insane. My most complex site has not more than about 130 lines and that is pretty excessive.

To tell you the truth, what is important in your site is the content. NO ONE except you will be comparing your site in 3 or 4 browsers. It looks just fine in them all. If money is a problem for you right now because you already paid your designer, just concentrate on the content. It looks just fine in all browsers. When your business has some more money to spare on correcting the CSS, do it later.

Best wishes.