Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Sliding Doors revisited

Old Jul 20, 2014, 06:41 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
There is a closed thread on the subject. Its most recent post was back in 2013. Nothing since, nor a new thread. Virtually all the examples linked in the thread either are totally closed or no longer use Sliding Doors.

I now have a client who wants it.

So, before I get too involved, is there any negative reason for the silence?

Is there any significance to the fact that I don't see sites continuing to use it?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 07:54 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
My guess is that menus like this have just become less popular. Perhaps because it's harder to add a menu item or maybe because it doesn't work well for viewing on mobile devices.

Many times these types of things look "cool", especially to clients, but in practice become cumbersome to build and maintain.