Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Help! Big Security Uh Oh!

Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:46 PM
OneSister

15 posts · Apr 2009
Help! Big Security Uh Oh!

I've sent my blog link to a about 8 friends and family for testing and when they register to login they go right to the dashboard! Yikes! New registrants are given a Subscription level access. How do I fix this QUICK?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:11 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Change the status of the others to subscriber as well at Site Admin -> Users -> Edit
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:24 PM
OneSister

15 posts · Apr 2009
I did that but does that mean that I have to edit each user after they register? How can I make a global change to make all new users be able to post comments but not much more?

Also, is it possible to set it up so that when users log in they see the Home page first and have to click on the Site Admin link to get to the Dashboard?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:34 PM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
Onesister,

All subscribers are sent to a dashboard after logging in. Are you sure they were going to the Admin dashboard?

Register yourself as a fake user and see exactly where they were going.

I have not had any problems with users going to the Admin dashboard.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:54 PM
OneSister

15 posts · Apr 2009
Yep, they were going to the Admin Dashboard. But when I used the 'Change Role To' drop down box and selected 'Subscriber' after checking all the new users that seemed to have fixed it. They were listed as 'Subscriber' in the User screen, though. Now they login to the correct 'Subscriber' Dashboard. I just registered a test user after doing that and the new test user did not see the Admin Dash.

So there's no way to have them log in to the Home page and make the selection of the Dashboard when they need it?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:10 PM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
Other than using a plugin, I don't believe there is that option in Wordpress.

I downloaded a plugin earlier that will redirect subscribers to where ever you want them to go, but I have not played with it yet. Maybe yet tonight.