Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Static Page with last 3 articels from all categories

Old Apr 7, 2009, 02:54 AM
frankhamm

35 posts · Jan 2009
56459 Mähren - Germany
Hallo,

I have a problem which is important for me to solve and hope someone can help.

I have a Blog running, where I want to change my start page.

At the moment it is showing my last Artikels.

for some reasons I have to change it to a static page - easy so far.
But I need the last 3 articles from all categories listed under the text like in my attached pic.

Can anybody explain dummy proved how to do that?

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blog-scrabble1.jpg
Views:	1042
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	82  
Old Apr 8, 2009, 03:04 AM
frankhamm

35 posts · Jan 2009
56459 Mähren - Germany
In the meantime I found a solution myself.

In the index.php I have added right after

<?php get_header(); ?>

This php.code

<?php if ( is_home() AND !is_paged() ) { ?>
<div
<h4><span style="color: #000000;"><strong>Webdesign, SEO, Apple-Dienstleistungen und Printdesign by Frank Hamm</strong></span></h4>

<p>Als die Spezialisten für <a href="./webdesign-westerwald">Webdesign</a> und Suchmaschinenoptimierung im Westerwald übernehmen wir alle Arbeiten vom Entwurf bis zur Realisierung von professionellen Internetauftritten. Dies gilt sowohl für den kompletten Neuaufbau als auch für die Überarbeitung bereits bestehender Websites.</p>

<p>Im Bereich <a href="./apple-technik">Apple Service</a> und <a href="./apple-beratung-westerwald">Apple Beratung</a> im Westerwald, bieten wir sowohl individuelle Einzelmaßnahmen als auch ganzheitliche Konzepte für Kleinbetriebe, Gewerbetreibende, Freiberufler, Agenturen und Mediendienstleister.</p>

<p>Im <a href="./print-design-westerwald">Printdesign</a> reicht unser Angebot von der Logo-Entwicklung, über die Gestaltung sämtlicher Geschäftspapiere und Flyer, bis hin zur mehrseitigen Image-Broschüre.</p>

<p>Wir pflegen wir einen sehr direkten Kontakt zwischen unseren Kunden im und um den Westerwald, den Beratern, Technikern und Designern. So können wir sicher stellen das ihr Budget in Ihre individuellen Lösung fließt und nicht in eine große Verwaltung.</p>
<br>
<h4><span style="color: #a0dd0b;">Die neusten Artikel in unserem Blog:</span></h4> <br>

</div>
<?php } ?>

End of Code

This works for me - I am now havin the Text I wanted only on my Startpage which is set in WordPress to my postings as Startpage.

Now there is only 2 problems I have to solve.

First Problem:

I want to have only the last 2 postings showed on my Startpage - perfect would be to show these 2 postings side by side, but is would be nice to have solved - see posting #4

but

10 Postings when I klick the Next Navigation to (multipage-view) still searching for a solution in php and without plugin

2. Problem:

I want to integrate a BLOG-Link in my menue on the left side. This link is now problem in general with http://www.frank-hamm-webdesign.de/homepage

Unfortunately the opened view is not styled the way I would like to have. I would prefer the Layout from my postings on the startside (means inculsive Picture)

So how can I realize this?

Because I am a Wordpress Newbee it maybe that this problems are easy to solve and my qiuestions are stupid, but please can anybody help?

Last edited by frankhamm; Apr 9, 2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:53 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This would be easy if you could settle for using the Page2Cat plugin which allows to display XX posts from category YY on a given page, i.e. the homepage. It might be even able to display posts from multiple cats, not sure. If not, you could give all posts where you want to pull posts from an additional category and exclude that category from the category menu bar (if you're using it)
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:25 AM
frankhamm

35 posts · Jan 2009
56459 Mähren - Germany
Part 1. of my wishlist is done by inserting the red line

<h4><span style="color: #a0dd0b;">Die neusten Artikel in unserem Blog:</span></h4>
<?php query_posts('showposts=2'); ?>
<h4><span style="color: #a0dd0b;">Die neusten Artikel in unserem Blog:</span></h4>
<?php query_posts('showposts=2'); ?>
</div>

Part 2. is still under investigation. I have found some php solutions, which if am testing at the moment.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 06:37 AM
frankhamm

35 posts · Jan 2009
56459 Mähren - Germany
Still searching for a solution to show the 2 postings on my startpage (startpage is artikel view) side by side instead of one under the other.

Nobody able to help, please ?