Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

How to Remove Page Title in Page Body

Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:31 PM
mkhobson

26 posts · Aug 2009
Oregon City, OR
Also, Juggledad, to answer your question, I get no error message ... it's just the titles are there or they're not.

If I go to "Style & Edit Center Column" and comment out the call to post headline (like so):

<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>
<!--<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>-->
<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>

Then page titles are turned off throughout the site. This would be fine, but it also turns off the titles of all the journal posts on http://www.demimonde.com/blog/?page_id=48, which is the only page I *want* them to be turned on!

I have looked through just about every thread there is on this topic and it's driving me cuckoo. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

M
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:59 AM
mkhobson

26 posts · Aug 2009
Oregon City, OR
Bump! Still looking for answers to this seemingly-intractable riddle. Help!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 08:49 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In version 3.4.2 add the red parts

<?php if ( is_page('journal') ) { ?>
<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>
<?php } ?>

... and remove everything you added before.

If this doesn't work make sure:
  • You aren't getting a cached copy of your site, either from a WP cache (WP Super Cache, WP Cache 2, or others) or a browser cache, or a server wide cache
  • You have the right page slug (journal), page title (Journal) or page ID (13). (These are just examples). You can use either of these 3, but it needs to match.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:36 PM
mkhobson

26 posts · Aug 2009
Oregon City, OR
Hi Flynn:

Thank you so much for looking into this. However, I tried the code you provided and it did not seem to help.

I cut and pasted the code directly from your post. The page title is "Journal" and the page id (in the URL) is "journal". I tried both of these as variables and neither one worked.

I viewed the page on 3 different computers in the house to rule out cache issues.

Note that if you go to the page now (http://www.demimonde.com/journal/) you will see headers because I have inserted them manually (using an H3 at the top of the post, and manually linking it to the permalink). This is a reasonable workaround, but when I cross-post to LiveJournal, it results in me having a "Header" (which doesn't appear on my actual journal page) and a "subheader" (which is the "header" that shows on my journal page.)

It's all very complicated and strange.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again,
Mary
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:38 PM
mkhobson

26 posts · Aug 2009
Oregon City, OR
For reference, here's how it looks in LiveJournal -- note the "header/subheader"

http://mkhobson.livejournal.com/
Old Sep 11, 2009, 04:21 PM
twola

27 posts · Sep 2009
This is how I removed my page headings:

PHP Code:
<?php if ( !is_page() ) { ?>
<?php bfa_post_headline
('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
<?php 
?>
//translated to: If it is not a page only than show headings.

Good luck
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:59 PM
lyd753

7 posts · Jul 2010
los angeles
Spent an hour searching for this fix last time and it happened again with this upgrade

Needed to comment to be able to find this post next time. Works perfect

- thank!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can also do it with CSS
HTML Code:
body.page .post-headline {display: none;}
then it is a theme option and you don't have to change it on upgrades.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:36 PM
jtown

14 posts · Dec 2011
Colorado
hello and thanks in advance
I am new to this theme and to site building
So I was hoping you might be able to help me with were to add the PHP code or were I can go to learn more
thanks
Justin
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try the CSS solution and put it in ato->add HTML/CSS inserts->CSS inserts
Old Jan 3, 2012, 01:09 PM
counteverythingasloss

2 posts · Aug 2011
THANKS! This was SUPER helpful!