Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Trouble with excluding categories in sidebar

Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:31 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I want to exclude recent posts in 2 categories from showing up in the front page excerpts and in the Recent Articles (Posts) list in the left sidebar. I had this working, using the Enhanced Recent Posts plugin widget, but now it's suddenly not working! I swear I didn't make any changes. I've been traveling for a day or two and wasn't even working on the site.

I have deactivated and reactivated the plugin, to no effect. One of the categories is cooperating: Obituaries. The other, Letters to the Editors, is not. Is that because it's a child category?

Any ideas, other than making it a parent? I want to keep it under Opinion.

I tried your PHP code widget idea, to no avail. Perhaps code is needed to work with the child category?

Last edited by paulae; Apr 17, 2009 at 04:51 AM.