Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Adding Content to 'Bars'?

Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:08 AM
DannyLife

40 posts · Nov 2009
Hi,
I would like to work within the blank bars available in the header area (Bar1, Bar2.. etc), to add extra links to the top right hand corner, and possibly images/icons also. The idea is to create some subscription links that aren't part of the logo area (where the standard RSS and email icons go) but actually above it in the first bar. I've read somewhere that I can only add background images with CSS in the boxes, is this true? And if not, what kind of coding will I need to use to do this.

Hope I've explained that right!

Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 07:06 AM
DannyLife

40 posts · Nov 2009
Okay, I've managed to get around this by going probably the long way, to add html inserts to the 'Body Top'. Effectively creating a new bar filling the 900px width by creating an 830px 'filler bar' in photoshop then adding a 70px long 'Icon' so when they line up next to each other it looks like one long bar but the icon is clickable...

With me still? :D

It looks fine in full screen and if it stayed like that would be a good, if a little faffy way to get what I was after but...

My minimum page width is set to 900px which for everything else on the page works fine, but these html inserts dont stay set up and react in a completely different way, trying to move both to the center on a new line.

Is there any way to get the "Body Top" to react in the same way as the rest of the page?