Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

A few strings left un-gettext()d in v3.4.4

Old Oct 31, 2009, 05:56 AM
cymric

4 posts · Oct 2009
While doing a Dutch translation for Atahualpa 3.4.4, I came across the following strings which were not properly gettext()d:
  • In bfa_theme_options.php, lines 2035, 2049 and 2062, the %date option is hard-coded, meaning that in the footer of a blog post, the date will appear as, for example, 'october 30th, 2009' instead of '30 oktober 2009'.
  • In footer.php, line 31, 'Recent Posts' is hard-coded too.
Unfortunately my skills in PHP are not yet up to par to fix these myself---the replacement strings look pretty scary , though I've already come to the conclusion that the .pot-file must be updated for the last item on the list .
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:58 PM
cymric

4 posts · Oct 2009
Ack, who was I kidding---it was a game of follow the quotes around, and then it became obvious. The fix for the first problem is to replace all three instances of the date string
Code:
F sJ, Y
with
Code:
" . __('F jS, Y', 'atahualpa') . "
Problem fixed. Take care not to overwrite the single quote marks or the original---just the letters and spaces between them, please!

The other is easily changed, too, but I was too lazy to have tools write out the proper .pot-files. I manually replaced the offending section by
Code:
<?php _e('Recent Posts', 'atahualpa'); ?>
then hacked the .po file to add this string, created the .mo-file, and Bob was my uncle. Still, it's something which needs fixing for 3.4.beyond. I'll upload my translation files once I'm satisfied with how everything looks.