Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Padding issue in submenu

Old Jan 25, 2012, 02:40 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Padding issue in submenu

I have added a right padding to my menu items so that it will space them out on the menu bar. This is fine, except for my submenus, which is inheriting that trait. I have a color change on hover and the link state color is displaying under the hover color. I've tried adding the padding to the hover state, but it's not working.

How can I either get rid of the padding on the submenu, or add it to the hover state so the correct color will show all the way across the submenu?

Also, I am using the custom menu feature in Wordpress, instead of Atahualpa's menu feature, and so the drop down arrows have disappeared in the main menu, indicating which items have a drop down. Is there a way to get these arrows back?

URL is www.tmpranchrodeo.org.

I am using the most recent versions of both Atahualpa and Wordpress.

Thank you!
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
remember that CSS is 'cascading' so what you apply to an element applies to it's children. If you don't want this, then you have to reverse the change for the children with more CSS
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Thank you for making me think about that one! I reversed the effect with:

li.rMenu-expand li {
margin-right: -10px;
}

About the arrows however, I'm not having as much success. This is what I have -

div#rmenu2 li.rMenu-expand {
background-image: url('/wp-content/images/down-arrow.gif');
background-position: right;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

I have tried it using just the class selector as well, without the div, but that's not working either.

Can you point me in the right direction please? I have the background on the menu set to transparent because I want the header graphic to show through....is that effecting it? And if so, I have no clue how to reverse that, since I still need it transparent. Thanks!