Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Internet explorer v8 post pages not loading, also header rotation image issu

Old May 28, 2009, 08:24 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
[SOLVED] Internet explorer v8 post pages not loading, also header rotation image issu

www.d4v.org

Everything works fine ie6, ie7, chrome, firefox.

cannot get ie8 post pages (only) to load.

I have tried unloading all plugins, different layouts/settings. Can't seem to figure this out. Help is appreciated.

Also the rotating header doesn't seem to work beyond one or two rotations no matter what settings I use also. Ends up just being a blank space, image doesn't load.

btw, love the theme
Old May 29, 2009, 11:05 AM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
I THINK the Internet explorer issue is gone so no need for help with that now. I believe two embedded videos were interfering with the loading.

The rotating banner works for nine rotations and then stops with no image at all loading. It would be OK if it stopped with one of the loaded images.
Old May 29, 2009, 12:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Hi,
when I go to the site, I don't see any rotation. have you shut it off? Not seeing the generated code, makes it tough.

Do you have any caching plugins installed?
Old May 29, 2009, 01:44 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
yes, I had it turned off, I turned it back on for 7 second rotation so you can see it. I use wp super cache but it does the exact same thing whether the cache is on or off (use half on mode). 9 rotations and then no image.

I uninstalled all my plugins and it still didn't work and I have another install that works fine (www.democracyforvoters.org). But www.d4v.org only rotates for 9 times and then no image loads. Does the same thing in ie8 and firefox. Weird but not unusual given the nature of these things.

Thanks for your help. I will leave the rotation on with no cache until I hear back from you.
Old May 29, 2009, 01:46 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
btw I am using 2.8 beta 2 of wordpress but as I said, the rotation works fine with this version on another site of mine.
Old May 29, 2009, 02:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ok I copied the generated code and am running it and it is still rotating. You said this works on another site,
I notice the two sites are on different isp's
What version of php are they each using?
What are the memory limits? (Good way to check is to use the WP Security Scan plugin (http://semperfiwebdesign.com/custom-...security-scan/) and copy and paste the info under System Information Scan

I'll bet you have different versions of PHP or different PHP Memory Limit

p.s. you should change your directory settings. I shouldn't be able to walk up thru your directories