Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Trying to insert a background image

Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:42 AM
highred

9 posts · Jul 2012
Trying to insert a background image

I have read post after post after post on different instructions about inserting a background image. I just finished reading one by Juggledad on "Make a scalable background image". I followed his instructions to the T... and I still cannot get a background image inserted.

I am using Atahualpa 3.7.7

My image is uploaded here: robcaldwell.net/webspace/siteapps/189628/htdocs/wp-content/images/bluebackground.jpg

My website is robcaldwell.net (still a work in progress)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rob Caldwell
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the url and the path on the server, to a file are different. your url to the background iage is
HTML Code:
http://robcaldwell.net/wp-content/images/bluebackground.jpg
not
HTML Code:
robcaldwell.net/webspace/siteapps/189628/htdocs/wp-content/images/bluebackground.jpg
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:00 PM
highred

9 posts · Jul 2012
That did it! Thanks so much.

Now I have to figure out how to get the background image out of the body!

Rob Caldwell
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center column style and set a background color.

Think of the page as a series of sheets of transparent paper on top of each other. If you don't want to see what is behind, you need to color that layer.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 02:13 PM
highred

9 posts · Jul 2012
That did it! Thanks again!

I am not sure why this application is not more intuitive for me.

Rob Caldwell