Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Using a image for the Layout Border

Old May 18, 2010, 04:14 PM
docfox

24 posts · Dec 2009
I'm trying to add a border (using a gradient image) using ATO -> Style & Configure Layout -> Layout Container Style.

I've got some of it to work, but I cant get the image to go all the way around the layout.

I've also tried setting the image to a right side and a left side but the same image shows on both sides.

Here you will see the border on the left side is correct (a gradient blue) http://www.ffstock.com/blog/

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Doc
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:53 PM
jsan

3 posts · Dec 2010
I also want to know how to do this.

I found what could be a solution here:
http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-fr...-borders.shtml

It has you add four <div> areas, one for each border, then in CSS add a background image that repeats starting from each corner.

But I can't seem to actually add new <div>'s within the Layout Container Style editor. Or something else is going wrong.

Somebody who knows this stuff please help!
Old Dec 27, 2010, 03:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
@docfox

Where are you trying to add the gradient image? I only see a solid background for the site.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 04:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
CSS does not allow you to use an image as a border. You would have to edit the theme code to implement the idea in post #2
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I did create a "border" on this site by putting a background image on the div#container and using padding for the "width".
Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:06 AM
runnerb0y

67 posts · Nov 2010
lmilesw,

That sir, is a very creative solution, that should work for a solution on this thread too.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 02:10 AM
mirco65

25 posts · Oct 2010
I have the same problem...
I need to insert a background and in the div container another background (similar to a pergamena)
but this code doesn't work... I inserted it on the Add HTML CSS insert

Someone can help me?
The website is Vocemea

div#container {
padding: 20px;
background: url('<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/images/bg_pergamena.png) top center;
border: 2px solid black;
padding-left: 20px;
padding-right: 20px;
width: auto;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
text-align: left;
display: block;
}
Old Feb 17, 2011, 07:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The site looks OK to me but you do have a quote missing from your image path at the end.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:22 PM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
I'm a bit lost, trying to create a drop shadow border around the whole site. I created a png of a drop shadow, and used the above code in Add HTML/CSS Inserts - but no joy. Any other direction? Thanks!