Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

"Not Found" error in latest version on clean install

Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:53 AM
lintunen

9 posts · Feb 2010
I created a fresh WordPress install (2.9.1) with the latest version of the Atahualpa theme (3.4.5). When I switch to the new theme I am getting a "Not Found" error displayed within the site frame (ie the header etc loads fine but the post is unable to load). Page displays properly when switching back to the default theme. No other widgets or themes are installed. I've successfully used an earlier version of Atahualpa/WordPress on another blog.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 06:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check your permalinks
what is the url?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 06:29 AM
lintunen

9 posts · Feb 2010
I don't think permalinks are the issue, the site is using the default settings. The site isn't publicly available yet.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 06:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
is it Atahualpa 3.4.5 or 3.4.5.1? there was a bug in 3.4.5 with 2.8 and earlier and thumbnails. I don't think this is your issue, but...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:44 AM
lintunen

9 posts · Feb 2010
No, that was not my problem, but updating did not resolve it. It seems that the WordPress Themes site does not in fact have the very latest version.

I came across a related post which I somehow managed to miss before: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3406; suggesting that PHP needs to be upgraded to 5. This is not an option for me. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Would you send me a PM with the URL?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 05:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Does you know if there is an htaccess installed at your host? On a clean install, even with 3.4.5 instead of 3.4.5.1 you won't see this, 3.4.5 had an issue with thumbnails. This looks like a permission issue.

Can you get to the error log on the site? or the console log, the may show something to tell you what is happening.

Also, since you haven't done any styling, hit the Grey 'Reset ALL theme options' button - I don't think it will do anything but...

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 5, 2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 06:20 AM
lintunen

9 posts · Feb 2010
No .htaccess. Nothing in the error log. Upgraded to 3.4.5.1 and reset all settings as suggested. Still broken. Unsure as to where the permission problem you suggested would lie. This version works on a blog I have on another webhost so maybe it's something to do with the PHP version?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 06:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try setting your permalinks back to the default (dashboard->settings->permalinks)
when you change the permalinks from the default, Wordpress has to have access to be able to add code to the .htaccess file so you can get the 'pretty links'

read up about permalinks
http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks
http://www.homebizpal.com/blogging/w...ss-permalinks/
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:16 AM
lintunen

9 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lintunen
I don't think permalinks are the issue, the site is using the default settings. The site isn't publicly available yet.
Please note as I previously mentioned, I was not using anything but the default settings! BTW I updated to the latest release 3.4.6 and the problem still exists.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What do you have set up at dashboard->settings->general for 'WordPress address (URL)' and 'Blog address (URL)'? (change the 'http://....'/ to 'http://mydomain.com'
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you got access to the error.log or access.log's on the server? Something must be showing up but without access to that info I'm at a loss.
Check the folder permission on the wordpress folder

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:05 AM
lintunen

9 posts · Feb 2010
As I mentioned yesterday no errors related to WordPress are reported in the error/access logs. The folder permissions should be OK. I am about to give up on this matter, this is forcing me to move to a different host with a newer version of PHP because I know it works there.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 03:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of php are you running?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 01:15 AM
lintunen

9 posts · Feb 2010
The version of PHP is 4.3.2
Old Feb 18, 2010, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
without having access to the site so I could try putting in some debuging code and poking around, I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. It has to be something specific in your environment.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:43 AM
lintunen

9 posts · Feb 2010
Well I am happy to try inserting some debugging code that you suggest, I'm just not familiar with troubleshooting PHP personally.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
this is a case where I would be putting in debugging code and then taking a look, moving the code, take a look etc etc. To try to do something like that is beyond the amount of time I'm willing to give on teh forum.. this has something to do with the environment you are running in.

If you wold like me to dig into this further, I'd be happy to outside teh forum. Send me a PM and I'll quote you my rates.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:05 AM
lintunen

9 posts · Feb 2010
OK no problem. It's not worth throwing money at the problem. I've identified another host that I can move to in which the theme appears to work. Thanks for your time!