Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Footer/WP issues

Old May 5, 2009, 11:59 AM
TheKdd

3 posts · Mar 2009
Ok so I was trying to remove the "Powered by Wordpress" at the bottom of my page, NOT your theme name... just the Wordpress. So, being the novice that I am, I messed with the functions file. Only took out this '<br />Powered by <a href="http://www.wordpress.org/">WordPress</a> &middot;

Well, then my website wouldn't come up. Says parse error. So I pasted it right back in where it was and was going to leave well enough alone. Now it won't work. What am I doing wrong? The current copy in the functions.php file that I messed with currently reads:

<?php
function footer_output($footer_content) {
$footer_content .= '<br />Powered by <a href="http://www.wordpress.org/">WordPress</a> &middot; <a href="http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/" title="WP Themes">Atahualpa Theme</a> by <a href="http://www.bytesforall.com/" title="Custom WordPress Themes &amp; Web Design">BytesForAll</a>';
return $footer_content;
}

What the heck could I have done? Please help!
Old May 5, 2009, 12:20 PM
TheKdd

3 posts · Mar 2009
Ok I got it fixed. I had made a full backup of my home directory two days ago thank goodness, and uploaded the 2 days old functions.php, replacing the other. Phew... I thought my blog had died.

Anyone know of a way to remove the Powered by Wordpress thing? If it's a PITA like it was this morning, then I will just darn leave it alone!
Old May 5, 2009, 12:50 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I understand that you rather not have footer links but if I were to post publicly how to remove them then I could as well make it a theme option or not include them in the first place.

You can remove the credit links, everyone can, however I ask for a donation from those who want me to help them removing my own credit links. If I get neither credit links nor donations then there's not much reason left to work full time for a theme like this.

Having 2 credit links in the footer is a fully accepted way of compensation for the author even in the Wordpress world where the GPL license is traditionally being interpreted very, very tightly and often even beyond what GPL actually requires.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:30 PM
TheKdd

3 posts · Mar 2009
That is totally understandable and I would have never dared remove yours, even when I can afford to donate to you. Like I said in the original post, I was not trying nor planning on removing the footer link to your theme and site. What you have made and took your time doing is fantastic, and you should be rightly acknowleged, and paid... which I will when I have the funds.

I was just trying to remove the wordpress one, but if I can't, I can't... not really that much of big deal. I do understand also why you can't post it. I was thinking more for security purposes quite frankly, but whatever, again, no biggie.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:51 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Sorry I actually didn't read you post closely enough. I sent you a PM