Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

3.6.1 compatibility issue with All-in-one SEO pack

Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:21 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Found another bug - or I guess it's more of a compatibility issue than a bug.

In any case, Atahualpa 3.6.1 seems to ignore the All-in-one SEO pack's "Menu Label" option - it pulls the menu label from the post/page title instead.

I tried playing with plugin setting to make sure it's not All-in-one that's causing it, but it wasn't until I reverted to Atahualpa 3.5.3 that the issue was gone. Reverted back to 3.6.1 and it came back

Thanks JD and Flynn for posting updates so quick. You guys are like superheros

Last edited by flyboy; Jan 13, 2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:18 AM
sjedwardz

13 posts · Jan 2010
Reading Berkshire
I just found that one when upgrading to 3.6.4!! I've had to revert back to previous version - and that was after sorting out the suhosin problems
Old Mar 15, 2011, 01:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you talk about the menu label, are you using a WordPress menu or the Atahualpa menu?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:48 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Atahualpa menu. Haven't tried the WP menu
Old Mar 16, 2011, 04:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
where is the 'All-in-one SEO pack's "Menu Label" option'?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:44 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
It only appears on pages, it's not available on posts (red thing in the screenshot below)

Thanks for looking into this

Last edited by flyboy; Mar 23, 2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Duh - I was looking in the ALL in One settings...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, I looked into this and it's actually a problem with All in One.

Atahualpa calls the WordPress function wp-list-pages. This function 'Displays a list of WordPress Pages as links' depending on the options that are passed to it. Starting in 3.6.1, Atahualpa started using the link_before (Sets the text or html that precedes the link text inside <a> tag.) and the link_after (Sets the text or html that follows the link text inside <a> tag.) to add a '<span>' and '</span>' before and after the page name.

All in One hooks into 'wp_list_pages' and looks for a string to replace. It can not handle substituting it's page title when the 'link-before' and 'link_after' are used as it's code is currently written. this is a flaw with the All in one code.

If you wish, you can edit bfa_hor_pages.php and change line 6 and remove the code
HTML Code:
&link_before=<span>&link_after=</span>
you will have to do this until someone reports this to 'All In One' and they fix their code.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:34 AM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Thanks JD, I'll make a report