Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] CSS or Java trouble after upgrading to Firefox 3.6 (Atahualpa 3.4.6 + WP 2.9

Old Mar 17, 2010, 06:19 PM
inkan

22 posts · Dec 2009
Jönköping, Sweden
Send a message via Skype™ to inkan
[SOLVED] CSS or Java trouble after upgrading to Firefox 3.6 (Atahualpa 3.4.6 + WP 2.9

Hi!
I am using Atahualpa 3.4.6 with WordPress 2.9.2, and it worked fine (I thought, using IE8 and iPhone Safari) until I upgraded to Firefox 3.6 and the layout/css got messed up. Tryed it with Crome, and it is messed up in the same manner. The problem starts around the menu bar area. Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

If anyone has got a 3.4.6 URL to share where I can take a look at it with my browser, it might be helpful. It might be a browser version problem, or I have a problem at my page.

I tried to deactivate plugins, change back to older Theme versions, and finally removed several CSS rows that reported W3C errors. The page is w3c validating for html, but I get stuck in my attempts to get rid of all CSS errors.

This one is a trouble, but not the main problem I think:
Code:
* html div#wrapper  	 Value Error : width  Parse Error  expression(((document.compatMode &&  document.compatMode=='CSS1Compat') ? document.documentElement.clientWidth : document.body.clientWidth) > 1251 ? "1250px" : (((document.compatMode &&  document.compatMode=='CSS1Compat') ? document.documentElement.clientWidth : document.body.clientWidth) 921 ? "920px" : "99%"))
If you want to have a look, the page (about the Bjuröklubb Lighthouse) is currently in debug mode:
http://www.bjuroklubb.se/?bfa_debug=1&lang=en

Thank you in advance!

/Inkan
PS: I searched for a really long time before writing here, but either I am first with this or something is wrong at my homepage.

Last edited by inkan; Mar 18, 2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 06:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you put a single quote (') at the end of the background url in teh 'Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style' option but there is no begining quote
HTML Code:
	z-index: 4;
	position: relative;
	float: left;
	width: auto;
	float:none; 
margin-left:auto; 
margin-right:auto; 
text-align:center;
height: 120px;
background: #ffffff url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/bjuroklubbs_fyr_logotype_wp.png[color=red]'[/color]) no-repeat top left;
you need to remove it.

Some browsers forgive you and others take this quote till the next quote to be (some 100 lines further down in the CSS) to be a literal and not CSS.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:25 AM
inkan

22 posts · Dec 2009
Jönköping, Sweden
Send a message via Skype™ to inkan
Thank you so much Juggledad! You were so right! I didn´t find that because I was looking in the wrong places - and thought that the problem was more complicated.

/Inkan