Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

category-linked order based on category's hierarchy structure

Old May 26, 2010, 11:15 PM
chipfedd

1 posts · May 2010
category-linked order based on category's hierarchy structure

I have created multiple categories and subcategory associations that relate to my posts.

Such as:

My Posts | Photography | Cameras | Canon | Lenses | Zoom | 70 - 300 mm
------------------------| Pictures | Summer Vacation | Day 1
-----------------------------------------------------| Day 2
--------- | Wordpress --| Themes-| Atahualpa 3.4.9
------------------------| Plugins--| Sidebar Login
----------------------------------| Simple:Press Forum

I want to use the Kicker to display the category links based on their hierarchy.

By default it seems category/subcategories are ordered alphabetically and other plugins allow to order by id.

Is there anyway to order these links by category hierarchy structure? This seems to make the most sense to me but I see no way of making this happen.

Is there any way of creating or assigning this behavior in Atahualpa?

Last edited by chipfedd; May 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old May 27, 2010, 12:32 AM
Mz More

6 posts · May 2010
I did this using the My Category Order Plugin. Worked like a charm
Old Jun 3, 2010, 02:13 PM
almondp1

2 posts · Jun 2010
Do you mean you want to order the categories as they appear above (or under) the posts (together with the "add comments" and "edit") ?
This is what I'm looking for anyway.

The plugin suggested here seems to work on the sidebar widget only, no ?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:04 AM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
I am also wondering about this now years later after this thread opened.

I would like the top level categories to display first and then subcategories and then sub subcategories in the kicker area.

For example this page:
http://theadventurebite.com/fixing-o...chen-lighting/

I would like it to display in this order.

Design. DIY projects. Project tutorials. Half day projects.

It seems backwards but other posts show more random results than even this one.

Ideas?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:44 AM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
Any idea's folks? This seems like I should be able to manipulate it pretty easily but I'm not finding that to be the case so far....