Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How Do I Move the Navigation Tabs

Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:19 PM
Sangye

7 posts · Sep 2011
I'd like to move the navigation tabs-- maybe under the header. I'd also like to be able to change their font, the tab color and do a hover color.

This isn't my site, but it has the general idea of what I'm trying to do:
http://www.cookinghow.com/

I'm new to WP so I'd appreciate if you could keep any answers simple. Thank you!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 01:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ago->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area and read the directions
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:51 PM
Sangye

7 posts · Sep 2011
Thanks, I appreciate the help. I was looking in the wrong place.

Can you tell me how to remove the dotted line that encases the menu at the ends?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:45 PM
Sangye

7 posts · Sep 2011
I should say that before asking that question about the dashed lines I looked through tons of posts on here for this solution. I also Googled it, watched several youtube videos, etc....
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the URL?
did you look at the menu options?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:42 AM
Sangye

7 posts · Sep 2011
Yes, I checked all the menu options. Nothing is set to "dashed." I tried changing the "Border around all menu items" from solid to dashed to see what that affected. It changed the border around each tab to dashed. (I'm sure you knew that)

The URL is http://garudaaviary.org/
Atahualpa 3.6.7

I'm not a web designer--just a volunteer with this non-profit. We had to get this site up quickly to make it functional even though it looks awful, and normally people would never make a site public in this condition. That is my "Please excuse this messy house" disclaimer.

I appreciate your help.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The centered menu does work a bit differently than the left aligned one. To remove those dashes add the following to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts.
HTML Code:
#menu1 {
    border: 1px solid #fff !important;
}
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:50 AM
Sangye

7 posts · Sep 2011
Cool, that did it! And now I have a better idea of how that Add HTML/CSS inserts area works. Very handy.

Thanks so much.