Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How can I change font of blog title and tag line?

Old Jul 1, 2010, 05:42 PM
karenclark

3 posts · Jul 2010
Sonoma County, CA
I would like to change the font of this blog title and tagline to Lucida Handwriting. I found where to change the title and tagline color but am not sure if I can insert code to change the font or how I would do that? Thank you! This is the site I am working on:
http://organicenvironments.net/
THANKS
Karen
Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To change to a non-websafe font like Lucida handwriting is going to require other methodologies such as this plugin provides. Do Google search for sIFR and Cufon on the wordpress.org site to get some ideas.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:01 AM
karenclark

3 posts · Jul 2010
Sonoma County, CA
Thank you! OK say I wanted to change it to a web-friendly font - I don't know where to change the font in the header area of tagline - where is that? Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 01:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
ATO>Style & Edit HEADER AREA>Blog Tagline
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:59 AM
im1dermike

12 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
To change to a non-websafe font like Lucida handwriting is going to require other methodologies such as this plugin provides. Do Google search for sIFR and Cufon on the wordpress.org site to get some ideas.
lmilesw: This perhaps isn't the best venue to pose this question, but Cufon's WP forums are laughable. I can't get Cufon to work entirely.

I'm trying to set a custom font for my blog title only. I've uploaded the font.js to the appropriate directory and entered the following in the Cufon replacement code:
Code:
Cufon.set('fontFamily', 'Route3');
Then in Atahualpa options, I set the css for the blog title to:
Code:
font-family: Route3;
This does not work. I can only get Cufon to work when I use this code:
Code:
Cufon.set('fontFamily', 'Route3').replace('h2');
The problem with that, though, is now every <h2> gets that font, but I only want the blog title.

Can you offer any help? If you'd like to take this to PM since it's off-topic, that's fine.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 09:41 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I think that another Cufon plugin may be a better choice which I think was the one I originally meant to link to. There is also a Google Font plugin, a TrueType or Open Type font plugin, and a TypeKit font plugin (there may be some costs associated with it depending on your usage). The original link was a suggestion of where to start as I haven't done lot of testing with font replacement plugins.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 03:58 PM
vincent

64 posts · Nov 2010
I used the following method:

In HTML/CSS >> Header I added
<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Calligraffitti' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Then in In HTML/CSS >> CSS inserts
.tagline {
font-family: 'Calligraffitti', cursive;
}

Hope that helps somebody else

- Vincent