Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Fatal Error when using page template

Old Jun 17, 2011, 04:04 PM
tdill

4 posts · Aug 2009
I had received information a while back on how to make this work... but after upgrading to the latest version, I'm having problems.

I have a pop-out page that is used for opening up a music player. That page is totally blank (no header image, menu, or sidebars)... It just contains the flash based music player. After the upgrade I'm getting an Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bfa_meta_tags() ...

If I change that page to the Default template (the one with the header image, menu, sidebars, etc.) it opens just fine.

Is there something that would have changed in this most recent update? Do I need to change my template file?

Thanks,
Tim
Old Jun 17, 2011, 04:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Do you have all BUGFIX's for your version applied? (they can be found in the 'New Version & Updates' forum and sub forum)
--if not, apply them before we go any further and re-test
Old Jun 17, 2011, 04:46 PM
tdill

4 posts · Aug 2009
I have applied all of the bug fixes...

Atahualpa 3.6.7
WP 3.1

http://thedills.net/blog/dills-online-radio-network/
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what is the template you are using?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:40 PM
tdill

4 posts · Aug 2009
This is the coding of the landingpage.php file. Let me know if this is not what you were asking for. This has worked for at least the last year or so... When I upgraded, I added this to the new theme folder and selected it in the page settings. Thought it was working, but obviously not. Thanks for the help!

<?php
/*
Template Name: Landing Page 1
*/
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" <?php language_attributes(); ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="<?php bloginfo('html_type'); ?>; charset=<?php bloginfo('charset'); ?>" />
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />
<?php /* if index.php or another page template (copied from index.php) was not used
(i.e. by a plugin such as WPG2), the global $bfa_ata would be empty */
global $bfa_ata; if ($bfa_ata == "") include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php'); ?>
<?php if ( $bfa_ata['css_external'] == "External" ) { ?>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $bfa_ata['get_option_home']; ?>/?bfa_ata_file=css" type="text/css" />
<?php } ?>
<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_meta_tags.php'); ?>
<?php if ($bfa_ata['favicon_file'] != "") { ?>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo $bfa_ata['template_directory']; ?>/images/favicon/<?php echo $bfa_ata['favicon_file']; ?>" />
<?php } ?>
<?php if ( is_single() OR is_page() ) { ?>
<link rel="canonical" href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" />
<?php } ?>
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="<?php bloginfo('name'); ?> RSS Feed" href="<?php bloginfo('rss2_url'); ?>" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="<?php bloginfo('name'); ?> Atom Feed" href="<?php bloginfo('atom_url'); ?>" />
<link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo('pingback_url'); ?>" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $bfa_ata['siteurl']; ?>/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.2.6"></script>
<?php if ( $bfa_ata['javascript_external'] == "External" ) { ?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $bfa_ata['get_option_home']; ?>/?bfa_ata_file=js"></script>
<?php } ?>
<?php if ( function_exists('wp_list_comments') AND is_singular()
# AND $bfa_ata['include_wp_comment_reply_js'] == "No"
) {
wp_enqueue_script( 'comment-reply' );
} ?>
<?php wp_head(); ?>
<?php echo ($bfa_ata['html_inserts_header'] != "" ? apply_filters(widget_text, $bfa_ata['html_inserts_header']) : ''); ?>
</head>
<body <?php body_class(); ?><?php echo ($bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_tag'] != "" ? ' ' . apply_filters(widget_text, $bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_tag']) : ''); ?>>
<?php echo ($bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top'] != "" ? apply_filters(widget_text, $bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_top']) : ''); ?>

<div style="margin:0px auto;padding:0px;border:solid 1px #000000;font-size:1em;color:#ffffff;text-align:center">

<?php if (have_posts()) : ?>

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<?php bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_inside_loop']); ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>
<?php else : ?>

<?php bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_not_found']); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>

</body>
</html>
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
there was a change to the way templates had to be built in Atahualpa because first the 'Suhosin' issue and then because WordPress would not allow the use of the 'eval()' function in the theme.

You need to update the template and build it based off the current index.php
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:43 AM
scalablesocial

2 posts · Jan 2012
South Central Texas
I'm looking at the index.php file for version 3.7.3 and I have no idea what I'm looking at. I want to remove the sidebar (but not leave a blank div) and the top menu, but can't tell what to remove. Is there any documentation for this? Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 01:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Why notuse the theme options?