Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Several issues updating to 3.7.1

Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:18 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Today I manually updates to 3.7.1 (from 3.6.4). The site works, but there are several problems.
First of all, the theme options are all shown on a long page with no styling. Could it be a problem related to caching (I'm using w3tc)?
Then, my page menu, visible on www.fotocomefare.com, after the update includes some pages which are not specified in the menu.
Finally, to questions.
First, using manual update, which settings are moved to the new installation? Which ones need to be copied?
Second, php. From what I understood, php is no more allowed in any text box in Atahualpa options. Am I right?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:03 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
For the menu issue - when you are using WordPress custom menus and then change theme you need to re-save the menu in the Wordpress Admin Menu -> Appearance -> Menus -> Theme Locations Section of the options.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:06 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethP
For the menu issue - when you are using WordPress custom menus and then change theme you need to re-save the menu in the Wordpress Admin Menu -> Appearance -> Menus -> Theme Locations Section of the options.
Thank you, will try it.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
All theme options are stored in the database
No php is allowed with the exception of the syntax for new widget areas since the theme parses them
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:00 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
All theme options are stored in the database
No php is allowed with the exception of the syntax for new widget areas since the theme parses them
So, even if I follow the manual procedure and upload the theme in a new folder, when I activate it, it should load options from the database?

And about the options shown altogether on the same page?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That's right, the new version will read the options from the database and they will show in the theme option pages.