Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Italics and Bold in Post Category

Old Mar 8, 2012, 03:33 PM
rainbowjammer

11 posts · Dec 2011
Hi,

Not too clever on HTML or code, but when I have a post where I have set some text to bold or italic, it simply does not appear in any browser.

In the WP Editor, when I click on the HTML editor I can see the HTML code for setting italic <em> and </em>, but when I look at the source code in the browser, the em code is not there.

Please advise, here is the original post code:
HTML Code:
<em>Elaine creates an informal, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, putting everyone at ease. There is a wide choice of material, so that there are songs for everyone to enjoy. If you have always thought that you would like to sing, this is your opportunity to learn technique and to have fun finding your voice. I have been coming to Elaine's Courses since they began, and always go home with a smile on my face. </em><strong>Jill Wilkins</strong>

<em>Thank you for making my dream of singing come true! This unique set up is the perfect opportunity for anyone to join in, no matter what their particular motivation.*I have sung solo on a Mike, something I never thought I could do!</em> <strong>Isabella - Wimbledon Summer Course</strong>

<em>It is an inspiring, encouraging and supportive environment. Most of us began tentatively and shy but by end of term without exception we were happily singing solo confidently and unselfconsciously! I’ve been to many groups and have watched incredible progression from so many different backgrounds. It has been lovely to see the growth in confidence and the change and enjoyment it has brought to people’s lives. I look forward to going, it is a highlight of each week, I miss the endorphin release in the holidays!</em>*<strong>Sandy - Kingston</strong>

<em>Friendly and relaxed your classes are. I think one of the most valuable things you have told your classes is something that I've always believed anyway, and that is "Singing isn't all about power or decibels. You must have encouraged countless people with those few words.</em> <strong>Regards Alan Middleditch</strong>
The page in question is http://www.demo.singersandsongs.com/?cat=1

Theme: Atahualpa 3.7.3

Many thanks
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Check your settings in the Excerpts options. If you are displaying excerpts the HTML is stripped unless it is in the 'Do not strip' option
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:09 PM
rainbowjammer

11 posts · Dec 2011
Brill, thank you.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You really shouldn't be using photos from iStockphotos without buying them. you can see the watermark and it does not look professional...
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:16 PM
rainbowjammer

11 posts · Dec 2011
I know, at the moment it is demo.singersandsongs.com, when it is live I will purchase the full image.....