Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Problem Safari displaying Font in Menu Bar - IE and Firefox works fine

Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:16 AM
Codeman79

5 posts · Dec 2012
[SOLVED] Problem Safari displaying Font in Menu Bar - IE and Firefox works fine

Hi,

i discovered a rather individual problem, which is why I couldn't find a solution on the net or the forum search so far.

I am using a Google font called "Julius Sans One" for the blog title, tagline and the menu bar. It displays fine for all browsers for title and tagline, however, for the menu bar in safari the words are displayed dashed looking. Once I hovered over a word with the mouse, the font is displayed fine afterwards. This occurs only in safari, only in the menu bar.

I attached some screenshots to display the problem:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Safari_before_hovering.jpg
Views:	1463
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	2129  Click image for larger version

Name:	Safari_after_hovering.jpg
Views:	1438
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	2130  
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and PWP?
WHat is the URL?

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 10, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
Codeman79

5 posts · Dec 2012
Hello,

the Atahualpa Version is 3.7.9 running on WP Version 3.4.2 Safari Version 5.1.7.

Since I am developing the site in a MAMP local test environment (Mac OS Lion) and it is not live yet, I cannot provide an URL at this point. If it's absolutely necessary for the assessment, I might be able to put it live tomorrow, but as I said, it is lacking content at this point, since I am running into problems already designing it's wrapping.

Thanks for the support,

Cody
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
without seeing the site, it is next to impossible to give you any suggestions.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:41 AM
Codeman79

5 posts · Dec 2012
Hi,

sorry, that I didn't reply the last couple of days. I've been knocked out by a flu
But somehow the time off solved the problem all by itself. The menu now displays fine.
No idea why, since I haven't changed anything

Oh well, but thanks for the attention. I am sure, I'll be back with some more problems at a later point, when hopefully the site is on.

Thanks,

Cody