Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Different Pages Menus on Left Sidebar on Different Pages

Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:54 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi guys!

Okay, here is my puzzle on this client's site:

http://www.bestbiztips.com/biggamestudio/site

This is what I want to happen.

When the visitor clicks on the Taxidermy link in the top page menu bar, I want ONLY the Taxidermy child pages to show in the left sidebar pages menu.

And when the visitor clicks on the Hunts link in the top page menu bar, I want ONLY the Hunts child pages to show in the left sidebar pages menu.

How do I do it?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

KIP
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will need to look for a plugin that lets you control what is shown. Do a google search on 'wordpress page widget' and try out a few plugins.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 02:28 PM
Caryn Inspired Raw

28 posts · Jul 2009
kippiper, did you choose a plugin on this and can you share your experience? I'm getting ready to do a new Atahualpa site and would love to know what you found.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 02:31 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Caryn -

Nope, I haven't researched this yet. The client is verrrrrrrry slow in getting this site completed, so I have been concentrating on other sites.

Sorry! However, if you find something useful, please let me know!

KIP
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:17 AM
scampy

13 posts · Jun 2010
Just stumbled across this thread and thought I'd let you know about a plugin called Widget Logic which seems to do exactly what you need. Basically it adds a field to every widget where you can add the conditions for which that widget can be shown.
It's not extremely easy to use without finding out a little bit about the conditional statements etc, but seems to do the trick.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can also use the 'dynamic widgets' plugin which some people like better than 'widget logic'

Note I'm closing this thread since it was started over a year ago