Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Cache and rotating images headers!

Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:35 PM
Ponics

14 posts · Dec 2008
Costa Rica
Still me!

Does the headers images rotate normally with a cache plugin installed? I have super cache installed and there is only one header showing up!

Thanks

Roger Pilon, Caretaker
ponics.org
Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:46 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I have not checked this but the header will probably not rotate with Super Cache.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 08:05 AM
Ponics

14 posts · Dec 2008
Costa Rica
Flyn,

I made a mistake. I installed Wp-cache and not Super Cache. Anyway, still one question. This plugin has an option where you can specificaly pick up a string and tell the script NOT TO cache anything with that string.

Here is the what it says:

Add here strings (not a filename) that forces a page not to be cached. For example, if your URLs include year and you dont want to cache last year posts, it's enough to specify the year, i.e. '/2004/'. WP-Cache will search if that string is part of the URI and if so, it will no cache that page.

Do you see any kind of string that I (we) could use to tell the plugin NOT TO cache the headers? Any way we could trick the Wp-cache not to touch the headers!?

Thanks

Roger Pilon, Caretaker
ponics.org
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
BigG

26 posts · Feb 2009
It would be great if we could have both wp (super) cache and rotating header images...I wonder if it's even possible? Given the awesome power of php, I bet it is...just wish I knew how to program php...

The silence on this thread is not encouraging...
Old Apr 6, 2009, 06:34 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'll change this to Javascript rotation in the next version, that will work with all caches
Old Apr 8, 2009, 01:24 PM
BigG

26 posts · Feb 2009
Or Javascript. Whatever works, right? I'll go back to pretending I know something about programming.

FWIW I have noticed that different pages/categories/individual posts will load up a different header with the cache turned on. I imagine it probably only happens once for each page and then they will stay the same until the cache is cleared, though. Not so bad, really, but it will be cool to have the same page rotating the header image on refresh/revisit.

You da man, Flynn.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:43 PM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Send a message via AIM to rhenium3 Send a message via Skype™ to rhenium3
Any chance this has been changed? So we can use both Super Cache and a rotating header?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 04:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you tried it?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 02:30 AM
rhenium3

66 posts · Jul 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Send a message via AIM to rhenium3 Send a message via Skype™ to rhenium3
Yes, I did, and it didn't work until I put on Fade in/out header images with Javascript? to 2. At 0 it didn't seem to work. Now it works wonders. I posted too soon, sorry!