Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Tubepress not working/showing up in settings

Old Feb 4, 2010, 02:19 PM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
Hi

I installed the tubepress plugin and can't figure out why it's not showing up in my list of Settings. I installed it in zip form and activated it - It's showing that it is indeed active in my list of plugins....am I looking in the wrong place? What am I missing?

Here's the instructions:

1. Unzip into your plugins directory at `(wp-content/plugins)`
2. Activate TubePress from Site Admin > Plugins
3. Configure from Site Admin > Settings > TubePress
4. Type `[tubepress]` in a post or a page where you'd like to insert your first gallery

I didn't have to follow step 2 because wordpress allows you to upload the zip file and it unpacks it for you into the `(wp-content/plugins)`directory - I checked, it's there.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPanimation; Feb 4, 2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 03:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Chris, try unzipping on your computer then uploading the plugin folder. I've heard some people have problems doing it with the zip.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 08:58 PM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
Thanks JD but it didn't work. This is driving me absolutely crazy...Install/Activate...it should work.

I did try deleting it and re-installing it - uploaded it to the plugin directory on my /blog/wp-content/plugins

It should be in my Settings list right?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 05:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just downloaded it and installed it. Once I activated it, a 'tubepress' entry shows in Dashboard->settings->tubepress.

If you are not seeing that, then you have an tubepress install issue. Check your version of wordpress and php with the plugin author. The version I user was
TubePress 21.8.9
WordPress 2.9.1
Atahualpa 3.4.5.1 - but this won't matter since this is a wordpress/plugin issue
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:02 AM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
I do have the latest versions of everything......did you mean Tubepress 1.8.9 (your showing 21.8.9) must be a typo. I just removed tubepress and will try again...

Do you think it's conflicting with my samsarin PHP widget?
------------------------
OK, I installed and activated again - it's not showing up under Settings (so I can't configure or use it) but it's there in my list of plugins with the "deactivate|edit" option.

I'm going to try and download it from http://tubepress.org/download/ -unzip it and upload it manually to my blog/wp-content/plugins/

Last edited by ChrisPanimation; Feb 5, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:57 AM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
I uploaded the unzipped tubepress folder manually to my ftp, deactivated it and activated again - it's still not showing up under Settings (so I can't configure or use it) but it's there in my list of plugins (under "Plugins") with the "deactivate|edit" option.

I'm at a loss here.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try deactivating your other plugins in case there is a conflict
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:43 PM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
I deactivated all of them. The only ones I have active now are Samsarin PHP and Tubepress. Still not there in the Settings list.

This is where I should see it right? Look in the attachment. (my samsarin is back there now - as soon as I activate it appears here - but not the Tubepress).

----------------------------------
Well, "Utube Simple Gallary" and "thickbox" plugins installed fine - I have them working on the site now but they don't really do what's needed. Any suggestions on what I could try to get TubePress working?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.gif
Views:	995
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	385  

Last edited by ChrisPanimation; Feb 5, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 01:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you that's the right place
what version of WP?
What version of PHP?
if you swap to the default theme does it show up?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:52 AM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
These are my versions

TubePress 1.8.9
WordPress 2.9.1
Atahualpa 3.4.5.1

How do I check my version of PHP?

Also, I see Flynn's post on this - it dosen't show up when I switch to default theme or when I deactivate the other plugins...so the third suggestion - just to clarify - copy everything inside tubepress.php and paste it into index.php under get_header(); ?>

Is this correct?

Last edited by ChrisPanimation; Feb 8, 2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if the tubepress plugin doesn't showup in the default theme (make sure you have it in teh sidebar that the default theme supports) than this is a plugin/wpordpress issue and probably a PHP issue.

from teh tubepress website
Quote:
TubePress is designed to work on any server that runs PHP5
Install the 'wp security scan' plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-security-scan/0 and activate it, whaen you look at the security page, at the top right side it will list some system info including the version of php you are running. I'm going to guess it will be a 4.x version

If you are runniing PHP 4.x, you will need to check with your host about how you can switch to php5. With some hosts it is as easy as adding a line to a file.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:26 AM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
Yep, I'm running PHP Version : 4.3.11 Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of that. I'll have to get on their case.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:29 PM
nodenpa

1 posts · Aug 2011
Hello:

New user here having trouble finding the right place to post.

I am having a "Tubepress" issue.

Tubepress has stopped working for me. I have the latest version as far as I can tell, but videos fail to open on the site.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The site is at: canadasync.com

if that helps.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you looked on the Tubepress forum? Does it work if you switch to the twentyeleven theme? Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to test if it is plugin conflict? What version of Atahualpa? If 3.6.7 have you applied all the patches?