Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] SEO duplicate description and keywords met tags using Bytes for All SEo Opti

Old Feb 11, 2010, 06:14 AM
Djembateuse

8 posts · Dec 2009
Hello - I am set Configure SEO to Yes for using Bytes for All SEO Options.
I have 2 "description" and "keywords" meta tags on the home page. The other pages only have one. Looks like the info. entered on the Configure SEO "keywords" and "description" AS WELL AS the "description" and "keywords" entered in the Create Pages section of wordpress (Atahulap Page Options") are both being displayed. Is that correct? So am I right in thinking I have to remove the description and keywords from one of these 2 OR have I set something up wrongly? Look forward to your response. Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2010, 05:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?

I'm only seeing one copy of each meta tag.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 06:19 AM
Djembateuse

8 posts · Dec 2009
Hi Juggledad - I am using wordpress 2.9.1 and Atahualpa 3.4.5
The website is www.fabulouspamperparties.com - the source shows 2 "description" twice and "keywords" twice.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 06:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ok, I see what is happening. You have your front page set to a static page., so it is picking up teh META for the page along with the meta from the ATO->Configure SEO.

In the case of using a static front page, I would leave the META info at ATO->Configure SEO off or leave teh meta info for that page out.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 08:24 AM
Djembateuse

8 posts · Dec 2009
Thanks Juggledad - Will donate. Great theme.