Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Trying to change footer

Old May 31, 2010, 09:31 AM
gwpad

28 posts · Jan 2010
Trying to change footer

In the footer on the mainpage of the website where it tells you tags, dates, how many comments, and edit post we only want it to say "leave a comment" (the text being a link to the blog post where people can leave a comment). Client doesnt want it to announce how many people have commented on each blog post. Only a link that you can comment. what is the php to just show this? I have tried editing it with no success.

The page I'm trying to edit is the edit Post/Page INFO Items in the footer section where the php code tells the footer to display information about the post.

Thank you
Old May 31, 2010, 04:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You will need to play with the code in ATO>Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS go way to the bottom and there are three Footer boxes with code in them.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 06:36 PM
gwpad

28 posts · Jan 2010
Yea I have been playing with the code in that section and its not working. My question was what exactly should be the code I put in there if I just want the "leave a comment" to show. I know where to change it just not what to place in that box.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanx
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
just put '' for the other options %comments('Leave a comment', '', '', '')%
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just played around and started stripping out some of the code and ended up with the following.
HTML Code:
%comments('Leave a comment', 'Comments are closed')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')%
This is the code for footers on the home page but would be similar multi-post pages.

A lot of working with this stuff is just trial and error. The beauty of the Atahualpa theme is that you can hit the reset to get a section back to where you started or you can copy the code out of a certain area so you can paste back in if something doesn't work.