Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

HOWTO: have TWO background images on page

Old Apr 5, 2010, 07:16 PM
Stingraynut

24 posts · Apr 2010
Cairns Australia
HOWTO: have TWO background images on page

I wanted to have a gradient background image and on top of that an image which blends in to the background image.

This is easily done and the image extends down into the content area which is what I wanted.

In 'Body text & Links' i pasted
Code:
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/bg_main.jpg) repeat-x;
this is the gradient image

In 'Add HTMML/CSS Inserts' I pasted
Code:
#container{
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/bg_laptop.jpg) no-repeat;
}
This is an image whose edges are the same as the gradient background, so it blends in.

No URL because it's only on a test site which will be wiped.

I searched here and couldn't find the answer so have posted this, hope it helps someone.