Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Preventing page title from showing on single post pages

Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:42 AM
bill

3 posts · Oct 2009
Atahualpa is a great theme.

It would be great to know how to prevent page titles from showing on single post pages while showing on all other pages (except the homepage).

Here's an example of the problem: http://makingmindsmatter.com/2009/10/30/cheap-schools/

On this page (and all other single post pages) my post title appears twice. I would like to get rid of the top one.

I added this code to create page titles:

<h2><?php wp_title(); ?></h2>

What I don't know is how to write code to prevent the page title from showing on single post pages.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 04:11 AM
bill

3 posts · Oct 2009
Never mind. I figured it out. I copied index.php, renamed it single.php, took out the code related to above the loop, and then put the single.php in the same folder as the index.php. Worked right away.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 08:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you probably could do the same thing by just putting a php IF in 'The LOOP' and then you wouldn't have to worry about the next upgrade with something link changing the line

HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_single()) {bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); } ?>
Where and why did you add the '<h2><?php wp_title(); ?></h2>' ?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:12 PM
bill

3 posts · Oct 2009
I added the '<h2><?php wp_title(); ?></h2>' above the loop because I wanted titles on my pages.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 04:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
But page titles will display on the page??